Fused Spur for Boiler

If all your checks/ tests pass at the boiler terminal strip why would you then need to check the lead going from the spur to the boiler for continuity?

Aren't you being just a little too pedantic here, just to get 'one up' on someone else?

Grow up "son" ;)

Sponsored Links
Thailand eh!! What, are you going over there to pick up the new wife or a new Ladyboy??

fishing actually but hey ho. I'm not old enough to worry about marriage dicky. I'm probably half your age. Maybe thats why your forgetting the question which you still haven't answered! What a joker!

If all your checks/ tests pass at the boiler terminal strip why would you then need to check the lead going from the spur to the boiler for continuity?

Aren't you being just a little too pedantic here, just to get 'one up' on someone else?

Grow up "son" ;)

Not being too pedantic Andy, given how important the correct polarity & continuity is. After all, if we are talking about modern boilers here - even for good Ionisation alone.

I tell our lads to pull the a flying lead tight before testing, mostly they are only .75 flex & could easily have a broken wire. If it limits the amount of 'call-backs', why not do it?

But each to there own.

Thailand eh!! What, are you going over there to pick up the new wife or a new Ladyboy??

fishing actually but hey ho. I'm not old enough to worry about marriage dicky. I'm probably half your age. Maybe thats why your forgetting the question which you still haven't answered! What a joker!

Just yanking your chain Micky. I hear the Golf is also very good over there. So I hope you have a good Holiday.

Sponsored Links

Grow up "son" ;)

Not being too pedantic Andy, given how important the correct polarity & continuity is. After all, if we are talking about modern boilers here - even for good Ionisation alone.

I tell our lads to pull the a flying lead tight before testing, mostly they are only .75 flex & could easily have a broken wire. If it limits the amount of 'call-backs', why not do it?

But each to there own.

:rolleyes: I can see this is going nowhere

DeltaT wrote:
Andygasman2010 wrote:

Grow up "son" icon_wink.gif

But each to there own.

icon_rolleyes.gif I can see this is going nowhere

like most of the drivel puller posts

pratts a freakin desk jockey :rolleyes:

After a polarity test at the appliance terminal block. The fixed flying lead or LNE should be tested, this should be fully disconnected from any connections, then the internal boiler harness should be tested.

So its agreed then, no need to disconnect in order to do a polarity test.
Testing of the flying lead is usually called a flying lead test rather than a polarity test [maybe I'm just being pedantic] but if the DP switch is in off position and the spur fuse removed why would you not then be able to check the boiler side connections of the flying lead.
Also if you go back 3 pages [ my post] you'll see another reason why to favour 3 pin plugs.

Each to their own as I said. I know which one I prefer.

How about this; We had one site where the Spark was wiring the control systems & they always put a 13amp unswitched socket & plug top on all the circulators, this was a National company & they said they always do it on jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back