Fused Spur for Boiler

Is the £730.87 for supply only or install also? If it's supply and install (and there will be more educated people on the forum than me I'm sure) it seems cheap to me.

I don't doubt the BG engineer is right - it probably will do the job but looking at Vaillant's website the 24 is only really for a one bed, one bath layout. For anything larger the 28 is, supposedly, better suited. Sorry if I missed an earlier post about what size your place is.

All I can say is we have the 28 and with the exception of a noisy casing that had to be replaced (under warranty, which was only really necessary because the noise annoyed me, being a picky sod) it's been great for the past 12 months.

Alan

Sponsored Links
picasso > I would upgrade to a 28kw combi, the 24 is underpowered in my umble opinion.

alanthomaswaterson> looking at Vaillant's website the 24 is only really for a one bed, one bath layout. For anything larger the 28 is, supposedly, better suited.

We had a phone call from a BG Engineer saying that he would be our contact rather than the first guy.
I mentioned to him that the 24kw is recommended for one bed, one bath layout, when I said that I lived in a 3bd terraced house, he said that he would have suggested the 28kw., I wasn't very happy!

The price of the boiler was £730.87 as part of the package for the installation.

Delta T wrote

We had this ex-BG CPS working for us for a very short time & I asked him if he had done an inclined polarity check or a cross bonded ionization test.........whoooooosh!! straight over his head...........

You really should try to get out more, enjoy yourself its later than you think

Ah, another bitter & twisted CPS, never mind son you may get a new polo shirt next week & a new van in 3 years, but there again if you don't rip off a few OAPs & sell them a new boiler you'll be getting SFA!!

What's Blue & sleeps two?
A BG Kangoo!!

I haven't been called son since around the time JFK was planning a meet the people tour of Dallas, so I dread to think how old you must be. Maybe that's why you forgot to get back to us regarding the need to diconnect / remove the cables in order to do a polarity test. [/u]

Sponsored Links
After a polarity test at the appliance terminal block. The fixed flying lead or LNE should be tested, this should be fully disconnected from any connections, then the internal boiler harness should be tested. Of course this is much easier with a plug. Same goes for continuity testing of the appliance.

So a single socket & 3amp plug top is now preferred by most manufacturers & clued up installers.

Are you a CPS 'jimhet' son??

yeh but dicky, the question was "why?" .

Sounds to me like your doing test without knowing why your doing them. Typical old mna response

"why you doing that mate?"
" cos I've always done it"

:LOL:

What, you mean to check for cross polarity and Earth continuity.................................... ;)

You no work to do son? You're not another CC/CCC stuck at home, spent £6K on their mickey mouse course & the phone just doesn't ring, are you??...................... :LOL: :LOL:

no, but why do you take the wires out to do it, you seem to be missing or ignoring the point. If you don't know just say so, we won't take the p1ss :D

Incidentally I didn't spend a penny on any courses, not that I think it matters that much. Its not the course or apprenticeship that matters but the person who does it.
Oh and if you must know why I'm at home, I finished a job earlier than expected, and as I'm going to Thailand on Monday thought I'd take the rest of the week off ;)

The fixed flying lead or LNE should be tested..............for continuity. (Sorry, I should have clarified that).

Thailand eh!! What, are you going over there to pick up the new wife or a new Ladyboy??

Come on Mr DeltaT...? I'd love to know why this is necessary.

Surely an expert like you can walk the walk AND talk the talk....

Come on, dazzle us ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back