Gall stones

Sounds pretty clumsy to me.

Everything pointing to that Joe - all her family shouting claim/claim/claim (2 sons and daughter) yet only visitors apart from me, was her daughter for about 30 mins, her mum and her brother again for about 30 minutes - she has 4 brothers and her mum

Sponsored Links
Tell her family to forget claim, claim, claim. The most (only) important thing is you get her home and she makes a full recovery.

After all, who's going to make your bacon butties for you if she doesn't? Glad to hear things are looking up.

Tell her family to forget claim, claim, claim. The most (only) important thing is you get her home and she makes a full recovery.

After all, who's going to make your bacon butties for you if she doesn't? Glad to hear things are looking up.

If I could get her home I wouldn't even mind her moaning that I watch too much football - well not until 3rd game of the day lol - told her she had better get home soon i was ruuning out of clean clothes and dishes

Quick update - still in hospital 10 days after her DAY procedure - told her on Thursday would get home Saturday - told her on Saturday registrar would come in Sunday and remove the drain - leave her for 24 hours and if ok would get home this morning - guess what registrar forgot to turn up on Sunday - not only did he forget yesterday he forget to turn up this morning and says if he gets time would be there are 11 - he is at a different hospital today and it wouldn't have been mentioned if she had not got upset and asked the sister to ring him - every day apart from yesterday and today he has been there at 8 am

**** what a balls up

Sponsored Links
Was wondering what was happening. At least there doesn't seem to be any medical complications but I wouldn't be surprised if she feels washed out for weeks or even months after she's home.

guess what registrar forgot to turn up on Sunday - not only did he forget yesterday he forget to turn up this morning and says if he gets time would be there are 11 - he is at a different hospital today and it wouldn't have been mentioned if she had not got upset and asked the sister to ring him - every day apart from yesterday and today he has been there at 8 am
Is this systematic of todays health service if so its only going to get worse with the cut backs,and how do you forget to do your job :eek:

Quick update - still in hospital 10 days after her DAY procedure - told her on Thursday would get home Saturday - told her on Saturday registrar would come in Sunday and remove the drain - leave her for 24 hours and if ok would get home this morning - guess what registrar forgot to turn up on Sunday - not only did he forget yesterday he forget to turn up this morning and says if he gets time would be there are 11 - he is at a different hospital today and it wouldn't have been mentioned if she had not got upset and asked the sister to ring him - every day apart from yesterday and today he has been there at 8 am

**** what a balls up
Hope everything works out for her, best wishes

She is just so down and depressed now Joe - as she is on a recovery ward no one else been on it since the day procedures went home on Friday afternoon

When I get back home after my operation on the 11th october I am going to organise a surprise party, not for my homecoming but for my wife Lady Barbara, in thanks and deep gratitude for all the running about that she has done for me in the last 4 years since I was diagnosed with PC, I would have been lost without her, a good woman is worth more than gold.

He is too busy for patient now and going into a clinic - I pity poor patients he is going to see - says if he gets time will pop over later if not maybe tomorrow morning - hope I'm there when he does the prick

The poor woman - she must be going out of her mind. Even if the doc is overwhelmed with work it is just not good enough. If the cost of keeping patients in the hospital unnecessarily over a year was added up, it would probably pay the salary of an extra medic.

At least if she ever again says 'I have a premonition' you won't be able to say 'Women - you and your premonitions!'

Make sure she knows how much goodwill is directed her way from the forum. Keep us posted.

Hi obmcfc

I'm really sorry that your partner is still in hospital. I have a couple of suggestions which you may be interested in:

1. Can you or your partner ask why it has to be a Registrar who removes her drain? When I had my drain removed, it was done by a senior nurse on the ward. It could of course be because they know that they've screwed up and need to be more careful. Whoever does it, they need to make sure they remove the vacuum first otherwise it'll be more painful.

2. I would suggest that your partner asks the ward staff to get someone from PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) down to see her so that she can complain about her treatment (or lack of it) which is totally unacceptable.

3. It would be useful to keep a record of events from the time your partner came out of theatre until she eventually gets home, including the names (if possible) of everyone involved in her case, times and dates of events and outcomes. Your partner is probably not considering putting in a formal complaint right now but may want to later.

Obviously you can ignore these suggestions but I'm just trying to help. I sincerely hope she's home very soon and on the road to recovery.

Wishing her and you all the best :D

Sounds like she has been a rock for you mate :)
A bunch of flowers and a box of chocs now and again with a little note attached saying, Its not Christmas and it isn't your birthday its just a little something to say I love you, works wonders.

Sounds like she has been a rock for you mate :)
A bunch of flowers and a box of chocs now and again with a little note attached saying, Its not Christmas and it isn't your birthday its just a little something to say I love you, works wonders.

I often sent my other half little poems via email and text especially if I know she has been having a bad day at work

Sponsored Links
Back