Found out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So Mr whiter than white David Cameron has a past, He's had the gall to hound Tony Blair over the last few months giving the impression that he had the right to accuse others of wrongdoing whilst sitting on his high pupit of never been guilty of doing anything wrong himself, what a hypocrite! those like him think they can tell others not to do things but don't practice what they preach, Let's hope the press hound him as much over this as they have done Blair and give him a taste of his self righteous opinions. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sponsored Links
tim west said:
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Choose not to live by the sword, you can still by the sword...

He was asked about drug use before he became leader of the Tories, he never denied anything, he just declined to discuss the issue.

BoxBasher said:
tim west said:
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Choose not to live by the sword, you can still by the sword...

He was asked about drug use before he became leader of the Tories, he never denied anything, he just declined to discuss the issue.
And that makes it ok does it?

I'm not sure that Politicians (of which all parties I despise equally) should be expected to be perfect.

It's reasonable for us to expect them to be honest and open about it though.

If the guy took drugs in his youth and now he's older (and wiser?) he regrets it and is prepared to be open and honest about it ... Isn't that okay?

If we expect perfection of politicians they will be in very short supply ... Which may not be a bad thing :LOL:

Was it Billy Connolly who said "The desire to become a politician should automatically exclude you from ever becoming one"?

Spot on ;)

Sponsored Links
esra_ptrap said:
I'm not sure that Politicians (of which all parties I despise equally) should be expected to be perfect.

It's reasonable for us to expect them to be honest and open about it though.

If the guy took drugs in his youth and now he's older (and wiser?) he regrets it and is prepared to be open and honest about it ... Isn't that okay?

If we expect perfection of politicians they will be in very short supply ... Which may not be a bad thing :LOL:

Was it Billy Connolly who said "The desire to become a politician should automatically exclude you from ever becoming one"?

Spot on ;)
The point is that they all know what goes on behind closed doors, it's when it's brought out into the open for political gain that it becomes hypocritical, the constant hounding from Cameron against Blair over what some would call trivial matters detract from the government getting on with the job and just an attempt to discredit the government as a whole in the hope of influencing the electorate come voting time, as i'm sure this latest revelation is an attempt to make him back off with his preaching.

Agreed that there should be less about the person and more about the policies and performance but all Worldwide governments of all parties are guilty in equal measure.

Politics has become more about celebrity than Government and this is the main reason IMO why so many voters in this country don't bother to vote ... They simply can't make an informed decision.

"All sh*te just different flavours" ... Yum! :LOL:

esra_ptrap said:
Agreed that there should be less about the person and more about the policies and performance but all Worldwide governments of all parties are guilty in equal measure.

Politics has become more about celebrity than Government and this is the main reason IMO why so many voters in this country don't bother to vote ... They simply can't make an informed decision.

"All sh*te just different flavours" ... Yum! :LOL:
exactly, well said

Back