Garage Shelving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks

Looking for Big Dug style shelving. There are many companies out there doing 3 bay offers.

I'd like 3 bays, but in a size I cannot find.

It's 1800H, 750W, 450D.

I can find one unit 1800 x 1500 x 450 which will do for one side of the garage, but that is more cost-wise than some larger shelf units in a 3 bay pack.

Have searched until I'm dizzy. Has anyone bought shelves this size?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
not exactly what your after
but scaffold boards can be had in may sizes like 10ft and 12ft and are 225mm wide if made up in a ladder style butt jointed and with simply 4 no10x3 1/2"[5mm x 80mm] into each plank end can be any spacing length or depth you like

would add when i say any length you like if any realy heavy weight is added to a shelve any thing greater 1100mm3.6" would be safer with an intermediate support this could be just back and front rather than full depth partition to give fairly open shelves along the width
as an aside a single scaffold board will happily take a say 18 stone man over 4ft/1220mm and sag a bit but with dead loads over time you may get bad sag hence the 1100 suggestion but you may be fine up to 1800mm dependant on load

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Something you might want to consider is making your own out of unistrut and ply. I'm fortunate enough to get a lot of scrap from work so I've made my own but it's dirt cheap anyway, comes in 3m lengths.

Just to add:

BE VERY CAREFUL DRILLING HOLES IN THE WALL, DON'T GO THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE, otherwise it will turn into a 6 pages thread about filling the holes.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back