Gas hose to adapt a gas cooker (from France) in UK?

why are you wasting your time? there's no way this can be safely connected up. Unless the same model cooker is fitted in the uk and you can get uk NG injectors. Even the french mains gas is different to ours so a standard conversion won't be available. You'll also need the instructions in English, this a legal requirement.

SFAIK, the gas is the same natural gas G20 or propane G31. If you can get the correct jets from the manufacturer for the propane to NG conversion, I don't anticipate a problem. The manuals may be available on-line.

no its not. its a different composition, very slightly anyway, probably wouldn't realistically make any difference but manufacturers can't say its been tested so not allowed. we have the same gas as spain and portugal though asfaik. Everything else is ifs and buts. I will put money on this thing going in the skip or back to france.

Sponsored Links
To answer you all,

The Gas Safe engineer came yesterday.

So, the problems I have are not from the cooker itself...

The gas pipe (from my house) needs to be raised from the floor. Apparently it has to be 70cm above the floor if I remember well. And I need to shorten my kitchen worktop as it doesn't leave 1cm on each side of the cooker...

As for the connection to the cooker it just need an adaptor.
And yes I found the IM on line.

Total job: £90. Not bad as I didn't pay for the cooker. It belonged to my grand-mother, who kept it as new.

Thank you all for your help though and how quickly everybody replied.
Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back