Gas Meter Fixing

thanks for all the replies! Made me laugh this morning - there is obviously some conflicting thoughts...

I take it from the comments there is a white plastic clip I can get to fix the pipe to the wall bracket but having said that, the meter is supported by the pipe so no major issue.

Hope this hasn't caused too much bad feeling! I appreciate everyone is trying to help.

Ach, this forum is full of these rsoles that are best ignored.

Sponsored Links
The Meter Union is the wrong size(it should be 1"" x28mm)

You see it a lot, increased pipe size & the meter union is too small!!.... :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A 22mm/¾" union will flow in excess of 16 cubic metres an hour.

Had a job last week whereby 20 metres of 22mm copper tube was used between meter and boiler so pipework required an upgrade , upgraded the last 12 metres of 22mm pipework to 28mm and left the 8 metres of 22mm in situ , perfectly acceptable. :D

Ole 112 has forgotten more than you guys will ever know. ;)

Because it is 28mm pipe

Someone needs a lesson in pipework friction/velocity.

Are you familiar with gas pipework sizing?......obviously not. :LOL:

Gotta love these Google warriors who venture on to this site. :mrgreen:

If sized correctly a short stub of 15mm could be used between meter union and supply, considering we don't know the length of 28mm supply then your comment was pretty silly don't you think? ;) , could well be 50 metres of 28mm supplying a 30 kw boiler (15mm stub would be acceptable) , now it would beg the question whether or not the installation would comply with 1a or 1b? , over to you Gav?...... :mrgreen:

The Meter Union is the wrong size(it should be 1"" x28mm)

You see it a lot, increased pipe size & the meter union is too small!!.... :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A 22mm/¾" union will flow in excess of 16 cubic metres an hour.

Had a job last week whereby 20 metres of 22mm copper tube was used between meter and boiler so pipework required an upgrade , upgraded the last 12 metres of 22mm pipework to 28mm and left the 8 metres of 22mm in situ , perfectly acceptable. :D

Ole 112 has forgotten more than you guys will ever know. ;)

Do you mean the first 12 meters from the meter?
Who's Ole a Spanish bullfighter?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the first 12 meters from the meter

Left the first 8m of 22mm from meter , concrete floor so upgraded the LAST 12 metres to 28mm.

Now what do you suppose 12 metres of 28mm copper tube will discharge per hour @ 20 mb pressure?...really Richard tut tut tut.

But if it's 22mm the first 12 meters from the meter, it'll only discharge 3.9m3??

8 metres of 22mm from meter increasing to 12 metres of 28mm to boiler , the 8 metres of 22mm would have a pressure loss of around 0.4 mb , the 12m of 28mm would have a loss of around 0.2 mb as you can see it makes no difference which way the pipework is configured. :D

Something else you've learnt today Richard. :LOL:

But if it's 22mm the first 12 meters from the meter, it'll only discharge 3.9m3??

8 metres of 22mm from meter increasing to 12 metres of 28mm to boiler , the 8 metres of 22mm would have a pressure loss of around 0.4 mb , the 12m of 28mm would have a loss of around 0.2 mb as you can see it makes no difference which way the pipework is configured. :D

Something else you've learnt today Richard. :LOL:

Oh you're talking pressure loss & not simply volume then? I thought we were talking about a 20mbar supply with no more than 1mbar pressure loss. Do you want to change the fictitious meter size also, while you're at it? Sorry, not learning anything today.

Meter size has fook to do with pipe sizing.

8 metres of 22mm will have a discharge rate of around 5 m3 with a pressure loss of 1mb.

Tis it any wonder why you were kicked out of the combustion chamber for giving incorrect advice???? :LOL:

Meter size has fook to do with pipe sizing.

Tis it any wonder why you were kicked out of the combustion chamber for giving incorrect advice???? :LOL:

Ah I see, so it's a 6m3 U6 then?? I wasn't kicked out the combustion chamber pot mate for giving wrong advice????..... :LOL:

OMG!!! You're giving gas advice outwith the combustion chamber pot. How ya going to cope with the fall from grace?? You could be excommunicated also!! Or even worse; forced to teach course cowboys for the next 20 years...... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back