Gas Oven Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted this at the bottom of another thread but I think it warrents its wn topic as there may be some further advice out there

Hi
Weve had builders in and they had a CORGI guy come and move our gas pipe for the free standing oven and put a bayonet connection on the end.
I have the oven and the flexi bayonet pipe.
Presumably I am allowed to make the connection between pipe and bayonet connection as it is fool proof. Am I allowed to make the connection between the flexi pipe and the oven or does that need to be corgi too? It just looks like a screw fitting although maybe there needs to be some kind of sealing stuff [like hawk white for plumbing joints?]
Thanks
chris

heatingman posted the following helpful reply which I think I understand, however it doesnt address the issue of how to actually make the connection properly. Any advice on that as per my above questions would be great.

QUOTE "domestic rgi (ccn1) can now work on U16 35mm outlets if:
they have a copy of/access to IGE/UP/1B/edition 2
or (according to Corgi)
Have recently done ACS CCN1, supposedly 35mm purging is now included."

Sponsored Links
HI

householders/users can disconnect a cooker/oven from the bayonet for cleaning ,etc.
attaching,disconnecting flexi hose from the cooker/oven is only allowed to RGIs

Get a Registered Gas Installer to connect your cooker for you , anyone cannot just do this as relevant checks need to be carried out , before and on completion of installation!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back