Gas pipe size .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just had a new boiler fitted plumber has installed all gas pipes he has come from the meter in 22mm then changed to 15mm he has teed of the boiler supply for my new cooker in 15mm as well , but when boiler cuts in and out flame on cooker gets a lot lower .

is this normal ?? never had gas until now

Sponsored Links
If you are for real and not a wind up merchant then, no it's not normal.

Absolutely not... Get him out to sort it out....He was CORGI wasn't he?

Sponsored Links
so he has got it wrong OR the meter governor has given up the ghost

call him back asap

sooey
yes i am for real take it hes not done the job right . if so who do report him to .
i dont like rip off merchants

He may have been right but the governor may have failed

give the bloke a chance to put it right before you pass judgement

:)

thanks corgiman

I have tried calling him but no reply

Should i get BG to check the whole lot out ??

British Gas is now just another ( more expensive ) company!

During this cold weather we can be quite busy and you should expect that it may be a day to two before he can call you back.

Leave a message for him or write and explain the problem. Ask him to telephone you, say, within three days to be reasonable.

Obviously the gas pipe is undersized but you MUST give him the chance to correct it before taking any unreasonable action.

If you privately email me through my profile to give me his CORGI number then I would be happy to contact him on your behalf.

He has to do the job properly but also you should follow the correct procedure to enable him to sort it out first.

Tony Glazier

i take it he can check the meter ??

just so i know

There's a lot of things he needs to check to ensure that each appliance receives the correct supply pressure.

Call him back, and if you are still not satisfied get CORGI involved. - If the job is up to standard he has nothing to fear, but if it isn't CORGI will ask him to carry out remedial work to sort it out.

thanks Tony
i have left a message today on his land line and mobile .
i will give him some time to reply at least the house is warm for the first time in 15 yrs .
i will let you know how i get on , thanks

I still think he may have got the pipe sizes right but the governor has died

it has happend to me just after an install before when I left the working pressure is spot on

get the call and when i get back the WP is 13!!! dead governor

so please dont condemn the man just yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back