Gas pipe sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not, but there's a strong case to hang draw and quarter the trusted builder, for doing illegal gas work.

Sponsored Links
The op has given wrong information and does not answer questions he doesn't like.
The builder has done illegal gaswork.
The "installer" could not be verified.
The "installer" also can't be bothered verifying his info.

If this job is kosher, I'll eat my trainers.

a 37 kw boiler uses 4 m3/h
on a distance of 9 meter in 22mm copper you get 4.6 m3/h
so given that you will see that even allowing for only 2 elbows and 8 metre of pipework it is only just adequate for the boiler you then have a fire or poss 2 to add

bottom line is it is undersized.

Sponsored Links
Maybe not, but there's a strong case to hang draw and quarter the trusted builder, for doing illegal gas work.

??????? But isn't it a better solution to approach the builder with qualifying info, (which I hoped to obtain from here), and say, look you've made an error, I have this expert opinion not just mine , please fix it????????

Come on guys be reasonable. I wonder how you so called proffesional guys would like it if all your customers bayed for blood.

KEVplumb please don't bother replying, I have you down as a complete arse, you acted like one earlier so I shall regard you as such, as several pms have suggested

isn't it a better solution to approach the builder with qualifying info,

No, it is not.
As several pro's have pointed out, he has carried out illegal gaswork which shows he is a chancer.
The plumber should have asked all the necessary questions himself, before coming up with answers; failing to do so makes him a chancer too.

Do you think somebody who has been caught driving under the influence should be told not to do it again because it could endanger people, because they might not be aware that it is a criminal offense?
Wake up and smell the coffee.

Meanwhile back in the real world. Do I need to write this in big text so you can understand?

OK;
I think a mistake has been made. Please guys give me the added info to address this issue with the parties involved rather than lay them plaster over it for it to become a problem when bob the builder has gone home.

I don't give a who's fault it is/was just as long as I can resolve it at no cast

I think a mistake has been made. Please guys give me the added info to address this issue with the parties involved rather than lay them plaster over it for it to become a problem when bob the builder has gone home.

I don't give a sheite who's fault it is/was just as long as I can resolve it at no cast

Making good on a failed installation is always fully free of charge.
One free phonecall to 0800 408 5500 will get you a free inspection.
GSR will order the installer to rectify it at no cost. Failing to comply will result in the suspension of the installer, and possibly prosecution.

Why are you so desperate to get the calculation from anyone else? Could that be because you know full well that what the builder did was illegal, and the "installer" is actually not capable of doing the job, but you carry on because it is nice and cheap?

Why are you so desperate to get the calculation from anyone else? Could that be because you know full well that what the builder did was illegal, and the "installer" is actually not capable of doing the job, but you carry on because it is nice and cheap?

simple their is no "builder" or "plumber"

this has all the hallmarks of a diy attempt thats come unstuck

and by the way this is an open forum i post where i like

you don't like it

tough

i couldn't care less :LOL:

and as an aside 343 people disagree with your opinion

the issue is resolved. The builder missinformed to the plumber, who has now redone the work.

I'm not desparete, and have given up on getting any honest advice from a t****r such as you. the issue is resolved. The builder missinformed to the plumber, who has now redone the work.

I humbly offer apologies to your installer. Not only must he be a proper RGI, he is a super star.
He got the correct info from the builder, bought the required materials, drove to job, and did a rerun in under an hour.
Does he take apprentices? I could learn a lot from that guy.

Why are you so desperate to get the calculation from anyone else

Desparate, no, determined yes. I havent spent a lifetime in engineering instaalling steam, com air and Ind gas systems without learning a thing or 3. If it stinks like a rat theres a goo.............

Why do you guys want to see this issues at an inspectorate or similar???

Cheap???? You said that not me, it is far from cheap, hence the need for a correct job which we have sorted thanks to the advice of a couple of sensible blokes on here and inspite of several complete tw"ts

I'm not annoyed at the response here, but I am ashamed that so called tradesmen can take such views as you have. I'll post this on a different forum and see what response is forthcoming.

Kevdumb?, no comment further

Why do you guys want to see this issues at an inspectorate or similar???

more to the point why don't you :?: :?:

Desparate, no, determined yes. I havent spent a lifetime in engineering instaalling steam, com air and Ind gas systems without learning a thing or 3.

you should know how to size pipework then :rolleyes:

You seem embroiled in the sue sue sue mentallity.

Try talking out an issue it's so much simpler. You know other folks are going to read this and rate you accordingly, can't see where your next job would come from if they only knew you

Know how to size pipes, yes I have a method, but I asked you, (well not specifically you, and never you again) to confirm my fears.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back