Gas pipe sizing

also.........dont forget the allowed installation pressure drop that must be divided and converted to an equivalent length!

Sponsored Links
bster said:
everyone knows something but nobody knows everything, i think, I'm confused know or is that now :oops:

ps - edited my last post ;)
Yeh-well I hope when you become an RGI that your spelling gets better cos we do have to fill out forms and stuff you know-or you could always look in a dictionary if you're not sure.... :LOL: ;)

bster said:
also.........dont forget the allowed installation pressure drop that must be divided and converted to an equivalent length!
Or put simply-dont forget to allow for tees,elbows and bends.

Sponsored Links
chr15 said:
bster said:

Or put simply ...dont forget the permissable drop allowed from the meter to the inlet of a gas appliance AND the equiv length due to fitting\bend restrictions.

2 different calculations mate.

bster said:
chr15 said:
bster said:

Or put simply ...dont forget the permissable drop allowed from the meter to the inlet of a gas appliance AND the equiv length due to fitting\bend restrictions.

2 different calculations mate.
Yes but they both go hand in hand ..........mate. And by the way,you cant stay a 'newbie' forever you know. ;)

no the allowance for fittings is how you get your calculated lengh

you can't work them out afterwards it was a backhanded comment to make a point to the OP ;)

kevplumb said:
no the allowance for fittings is how you get your calculated lengh

you can't work them out afterwards it was a backhanded comment to make a point to the OP ;)
Yes but if you read the OP you would see that it said approx 20 metres and when I said after I meant after I get the origional question answered which doesnt look likely now seeing as no-one seems to know-if its that you just calculate the whole of the gas appliances then why dont you just say instead of arguing about the pipe length. ;)

kevplumb said:
because dear boy its all relavent

the load on the supply
the lengh of pipework
the number of fittings
Why thank you kind sir,its a while since i been called a boy,but as I keep saying,I didnt ask about the pipe size so why are you still going on about it,I asked about relevant gas appliances being taken into consideration in relation to where the supplies are starting from,the appliances and their heat inputs are also relevant-and you cant work out the pipesize without that,so, thats goes back to the origional question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back