Gas safe

even taking the front casing of a CDi can't be classed as 'work'. they fall off, FFS

Sponsored Links
Is it true that if you do illegal work but do it correctly you will never be prosecuted as you can't prosecute someone for doing something right?
Has anyone ever been charged with doing something right?

What would you be charged with - and who was it?

Sponsored Links
contravention of Gas Regs. Ex-corgi registered gasmen have been caught out . doesn't make any difference if the work is good or bad, it's still illegal

CORGI used to keep info like that, I don't. where a death has been caused, what other outcome would there be?

jail is for serious/repeat offenders, i would think. a lot depends on the end results of illegal actions

just watching it

love the

"gas safe has repalced CORGI but to work on the boiler you have to belong to one or the other"

:LOL: :LOL:

prog might have been made during transition period?

it's legal to work on gas without reg. with your ACSs as long as you don't take money, or it's not part of a job that's being charged, it is legal

I'm lucky, having an oil boiler. For some reason anyone can work on it.

Seems wrong to me, because a blocked flue would affect both a gas and an oil boiler in the same way.

prog might have been made during transition period?

it's legal to work on gas without reg. with your ACSs as long as you don't take money, or it's not part of a job that's being charged, it is legal

So if I DIY it and don't charge myself a fee, it's legal?

I'm lucky, having an oil boiler. For some reason anyone can work on it.

Seems wrong to me, because a blocked flue would affect both a gas and an oil boiler in the same way.

I have an old boiler as well. But she won't let even me work on her! Let alone anyone else. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back