Gas safe

What if a pilot light blows out? Is the householder allowed to relight it? Since this involves removing the cover, but if you know how, its no more involved than turning on a gas fire . . .

Sponsored Links
What if a pilot light blows out? Is the householder allowed to relight it? Since this involves removing the cover, but if you know how, its no more involved than turning on a gas fire . . .

I think that you are looking into it too deeply. Most pilots can be relit without moving the cover anyway. Going back to the original topic, OP, no probs - go fill your system :LOL:

there is the sma;ll matter of a connected filling loop contravening the water regs, but it doesnt contravene the gas regs, there is a TB about sparks being allowed to change a boiler pcb which didnt go down too well with us gas guys, and relighting a pilot is definately no contravention, think about it, it is listed in the USER guide of the MI's not the installation & service, therefore it is for the customer to do

there is the small matter of a connected filling loop contravening the water regs, but it doesnt contravene the gas regs,

There are quite a few combi's nowadays where the filling loop is integral to the boiler. How does this then contravene the water regs when they are built this way by the manufacturer? After all these ones are permanently connected.

Sponsored Links
there is the small matter of a connected filling loop contravening the water regs, but it doesnt contravene the gas regs,

There are quite a few combi's nowadays where the filling loop is integral to the boiler. How does this then contravene the water regs when they are built this way by the manufacturer? After all these ones are permanently connected.

all of them have a method of disconnection from the mains supply.

i would need to read their MI's to see if the loop is classed as temp or is a built in integral part of the boiler therefore permanent, but the water regs say if it is a temp connection for filling then it must be disconnected,

It is in case of cross contamination, i have seen some vokeras with a 3 way valve, perhaps this cant pass water if it is in the normal position to allow hot water, will have a look now that you have mentioned it

Vokeras using three way valve have a filling loop that can be disconnected in the usual manner.

the only ones i can think of that dont make it easy are biasi ****e with difficult loop arrangements. not sure about ravenheat ****e either now i think about it.

Just had a quick look at the combi in my house and the filling loop is integral. Gloworm 30CXi. Must be as you say and have a one way valve fitted somewhere.

Just had a quick look at the combi in my house and the filling loop is integral. Gloworm 30CXi. Must be as you say and have a one way valve fitted somewhere.

RPZ valve. brass doofer on the bottom left. leaks a lot when you fill it, sometimes it stops after a while, sometimes it doesnt.

that's the 'disconnector'. they always drip after filling. if they don't stop they can be dismantled and rebuilt.

I always tend to wonder where they get these so called experts on these programmes.
I expect one day to see Agile one of the top 100 engineers in the country :rolleyes: on one of these programmes with his BBC connections

Just watched Cowboy Builders

I watched this too. It was very annoying to see them go to the trouble to set someone up only to set up a fault that didn't require opening the combustion chamber.

The boiler in question was a WB CDi. The guy took the outer case off but that was all, and he is allowed to do this. I don't doubt these people do carry out illegal work as they "claimed" to be GSR but they didnt do anything wrong on this visit. Additionally the way they were trying to make out the outside light they fitted was dangerous was ridiculous!

I mean it was a bit sloppy but in no way was it as dangerous as they were making out. "the spur has been fitted quite close to those copper pipes(boxed in pipes i might add!) and if a wire touches them someone could get electrocuted using the tap" WTF?

The wire needs to jump out of the spur, miracoulously pentrate a wooden boxing, strip itself and touch a wire...what a risk!

No, no, no.
I completely disagree................

If the loop was on conical trampoline capillary system.....This would not only be dangerous, but would seriously compromise the efficiency, and safety, of the entire Flux Capacitor......

If the loop was on conical trampoline capillary system.....This would not only be dangerous, but would seriously compromise the efficiency, and safety, of the entire Flux Capacitor......

only on the Super Ganga model with remote wobulator and truss

The programme was correctly trying to catch him working illegally, even though they had depressurised the boiler. they were expecting him to open the boiler casing (which he didn't) in his attempt to fix the problem at which point they could have him for it.

Instead they persued his dangerous & illegal electrical work.

the boiler was a Worcester CDi and to refill it would have needed the white plastic key fitted in underneath the boiler. this is a customer operation and does not require a GSR engineer as the combustion chamber is not touched.

Sponsored Links
Back