Gas service pipe

11 Apr 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me who is responsible for the gas service pipe up to the meter in my property. I know it's mine after the meter and with water the service pipe is my responsibility from the boundary stop cock but I don't know about the gas. The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting my central heating replaced and have lifted the downstairs floorboards near my front door. Underneath is what I assume to be the gas pipe but it is extremely corroded and looks very worrying. :eek:
Sponsored Links
as far as i'm aware, you will be financially responsible for any work on the gas main within your property boundary.

all work will need to be carried out by Transco up to and including the gas meter. the copper domestic supply from the meter onwards can be dealt with by a corgi reg'd bod.
Sponsored Links
There are now Regional Suppliers of gas. Down in the West Country, it is Wales and West Utilities.

A check on the Ofgen website will list your Gas Transporter, as I was told they are called now)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local