gas service question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks i just had the council in today to do the annual gas service and i noticed after he left the worksheet read " annual service. earth bonding after t/branch. blow off above door."

anyone know what hes on about with the earth bonding after t/branch. blow off above door?
cos i dont have a clue

Sponsored Links
Bonding should be connected before any branches but yours isn't and prv should not be above door but yours is.

Bonding should be connected before any branches but yours isn't and prv should not be above door but yours is.

what u mean" bonding should be connected before any brances but yours isnt" im lost there and what the prv thing? i dont have anything installed above my boiler cupboard door

He wrote this
earth bonding after t/branch
I'm saying bonding should be before any branches. It isn't, as he noted above.

Blow off above door - do you have a pipe coming out of the wall above your external door i.e. on an outside wall?

Sponsored Links
He wrote this
earth bonding after t/branch
I'm saying bonding should be before any branches. It isn't, as he noted above.

Blow off above door - do you have a pipe coming out of the wall above your external door i.e. on an outside wall?

ah i see so what ur saying is theres no earthing at the gas meter?
there is only the boiler flue and there is a pipe below the flue over the front door for draining down the system

i phoned the council about it and they said the blow off above door is a vent above my cupboard door but i cant see that somehow ive been here for nearly 4 yrs now and the vent over door wouldve been mentioned in previous gas services.

there is a pipe below the flue over the front door for draining down the system

Do you have a combi boiler? If so I would suspect that pipe is the "blow off". If it is it can release scalding water suddenly which is why it shouldn't be over a door.

There is earth bonding present, should just be closer to the meter.

there is a pipe below the flue over the front door for draining down the system

Do you have a combi boiler? If so I would suspect that pipe is the "blow off". If it is it can release scalding water suddenly which is why it shouldn't be over a door.

There is earth bonding present, should just be closer to the meter.

no mate its not a combi its a vaillant thermocompact. i wish to hell it was a combi would save me money. my last house had a thermocompact turbomax combi fantastic heating unit never had any problems with it and even the council gas engineers said theirselves wtf it shoulda been a combi fitted in this house

I do wish people would use the correct descriptions!

The pipe is a pressure release valve vent.

It should not discharge above doorways.

Tony

And for a Council Contract Service, it sounds like your engineer has been pretty thorough!! so please don't knock him,

Anyway if you are a Tennant it aint going to cost you anything to rectify!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back