Gas supply pipe...correct size or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

Looking for a bit of advice please.

just to give you a brief outline of the situation.

Just moved into a pub...our living accomodation is on the 2nd floor as is the commercial kitchen..

I am in process of slowly refurbing the commercial kitchen, I have had a corgi registered guy in to run a new gas supply to the commercial kitchen..

However...not altogether confident that it has been done right...and I don't think that he was altogether confident himself

The supply has been taken from the 15mm pipe that supplies the Glow worm ultimate boiler, he has used 15mm pipe that runs about 4m where he has put a new supply in our kitchen in the flat for a domestic cooker, from there he has carried the 15mm pipe a good 10m to the commercial kitchen for a commercial cooker supply...he tested it for leaks and that was it job done, when asked if it would work, he said...'don't know, should do'

After reading various posts on here it has led me to the question of is 15mm pipe big enough for the distance and two supply points, or does the pipe need to be upgraded and if so, to what size? I know I should have asked him at the time, (and now he's not returning my calls,) but didn't think to, and would like some advice before I make my next move.

(Haven't bought new cooker yet so can't connect and test it)

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance

Rich.

Sponsored Links
Iam a commercial catering engineer and that pipe that you've had installed is not even close to being anywhere near big enough.

What else is in the com kitchen besides six burner cooker.
Makes and models :?:

=================================

Also, forgot to mention that the gas pipe in the kitchen needs to be interlocked with the extraction and air in (80% of extracted air).
HSE cais 28

15m of 15mm will supply maybe 1m3/hr. Which is probably the boiler alone and then be lucky if it will do you domestic cooker.

I dont know the size of a comercial cooker, id imagine atleast 30kw. So no its no where near big enough.

Hi.

There is 3 gas appliances going into the commercial kitchen:

Falcon Dominator 6 burner range.....5.8kw 20.000btu/hr

Falcon Chieftan single bullseye range.....20kw 68.000btu/hr

Falcon Dominator twin pan fryer....40kw 136.000btu/hr

Hope this helps

Rich

Sponsored Links
You need to contact an engineer with commercial pipework ticket and have it worked out properly. possibly increase the size of the gas meter aswell.

last kitchen i saw(commercial) had a 54mm gas feed.that had about four industrial cookers.

There is 3 gas appliances going into the commercial kitchen:

Hope this helps

Rich
15mm :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: may just about light the pilot on the fryer,good job it is not a takeaway or your customers will have to order three days in advance :rolleyes: at a very rough guess 2"would be needed with isolation and interlocked to ventilation sys.2" will provide 22m3/hr up to 50m.40mm12m3/hr up to 50m

Hope this helps

You need 28mm pipe as this will allow you up to 25m from meter to last appliance.

5.4m3/hr ?what about the boiler and their own kitchen plus the dfe in the bar[if their is one]

5.92m3/h, @ 28mm for 20m run, the OP's run will be less than this from his post. Taking domestic cooker and boilerinto acount this will reduce down to 15m run @7m3/h

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back