Gas warm air system thermostate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm hoping the answer is straight forward so here goes, we have the dreaded johnson&starley warm air system circa 1980s and in fairness works fine. The thermostat is mounted in the front room it's the original Honeywell wired in type, we plan to redecorate and would like to change the thermostat for one that is new so is it basically a straight swap for a wired thermostat or do I need something special being an old system.
Thanks for looking and all replies much appreciated

GeoffM

Sponsored Links
just make sure that you do not have a modairflow if you do then a standard thermostat will not work

Sponsored Links
easy to check just let us know which model of J&S warm air unit you have it will have modairflow in the title if it is one just means variable speed fan but it is controlled by the room thermostat

Ok, to be sure I called the service engineer and decided it would be best if he supplied and fitted it, I think the wife would prefer that than me tinkering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back