GB News

Cognitive bias
As opposed to swallowing everything the BBC and sly news says.
The cats out of the bag now with the advent of the internet and GB news gives a different take on the facts we are supposed to swallow.
Oh wait, the online safety bill is on the way so 'auntie' can spout the 'truth' again free from all them awkward voices.

Sponsored Links
As opposed to swallowing everything the BBC and sly news says.
The cats out of the bag now with the advent of the internet and GB news gives a different take on the facts we are supposed to swallow.
Oh wait, the online safety bill is on the way so 'auntie' can spout the 'truth' again free from all them awkward voices.
If you like the source because it's what you want to hear, then yes it's cognitive bias

So your saying viewers can't make their own analysis of what they're watching and need protecting from themselves.
You'll be comfortable with the online safety bill and the enhanced powers ofcom have been given no doubt then.

So your saying viewers can't make their own analysis of what they're watching and need protecting from themselves.
You'll be comfortable with the online safety bill and the enhanced powers ofcom have been given no doubt then.
Such a simplistic view.

Don't you view a range of articles and then take a view ?

Sponsored Links
Don't you view a range of articles and then take a view ?
It would seem the obvious thing to do, hence why I made the comment about the internet giving us more access to a different range of opinion.
There in lies the problem for governments and the need to pass laws like the online safety bill.

It would seem the obvious thing to do, hence why I made the comment about the internet giving us more access to a different range of opinion.
There in lies the problem for governments and the need to pass laws like the online safety bill.
So you agree. If you watch/listen to a source because it says what you want to hear then it's cognitive bias

So you agree. If you watch/listen to a source because it says what you want to hear then it's cognitive bias
I tend to a look a bit deeper and question why these news outlets are trying to 'sell' their particular brand of the 'news'
Do you not do that? I should imagine a great number of people are capable of deciphering the news they're given.

I think it's important to pull opinion from all sources, but recognise the political bias. I sometimes find the guardian informative and sometimes GB news, I trust neither's opinion on the matter.
News or opinion?
I'm a massive fan of the truth, when it comes to the news.

I tend to a look a bit deeper and question why these news outlets are trying to 'sell' their particular brand of the 'news'
Do you not do that? I should imagine a great number of people are capable of deciphering the news they're given.
By looking at different views and sites?

Doesn't appear to tie in with your general commenting.

Said a Telegraph reader

do you have evidence of this?

Im sorry but you are stating obvious cognitive bias

I watch BBC and Sky news, the both have “the papers” and always have 2 guests, one from left, one from right

If you want a real discussion, let’s talk about the constant appearance if guests on BBC, ITV, Sky etc who are from libertarian lobby groups like the Institute of Economic Affairs
There will be evidence, but i'll have to make the effort to record it when it happens which i don't normally have the chance to do when i'm watching sky news on my ipad in the morning whilst getting up.

Its more of a philiosophy of newspresenting though. GB news set their stall out to have a presenter and two talking heads from opposite sides of the political spectrum. Sky and the BBC don't do that. They will have a presenter who will tell the audience about the topic to be discussed and then discuss the topic with one talking head. As the topics are often political, they try to make the news interesting by having a talking head who challenges the governments view.

Cognitive bias
Its not cognitive bias, its choice. The news is the news to some degree, but you choose which channel you watch for the spin and the analysis put on it by the channel. Prior to GB news, there was no new channel that presented the spin and analysis in a way that was close to my thinking and belief.

Its more of a philiosophy of newspresenting though. GB news set their stall out to have a presenter and two talking heads from opposite sides of the political spectrum. Sky and the BBC don't do that. They will have a presenter who will tell the audience about the topic to be discussed and then discuss the topic with one talking head. As the topics are often political, they try to make the news interesting by having a talking head who challenges the governments view.
'The Context' at 9pm on BBC news always has a panel of talking heads, one from each side of the debate.

Sponsored Links
Back