Get in Fruit and Veg prices to go up - another Brexit win

Yes, everything in uk is sweetness and light and much better now.

Oh no, wrong.

We all know it's not. And if it is down to brexit it's being equalled out by what's happening in the EU.

Brexit isn't looking good for anyone the EU or the UK.

David Cameron famously said that Brexit could lead to a 3rd world war. Now that's looking to be true , so it's time we all just let bygones be bygones and unite against the common enemy.

Sponsored Links
We all know it's not. And if it is down to brexit it's being equalled out by what's happening in the EU.

Brexit isn't looking good for anyone the EU or the UK.

David Cameron famously said that Brexit could lead to a 3rd world war. Now that's looking to be true , so it's time we all just let bygones be bygones and unite against the common enemy.
Equalled out, how ? Nothing that's happening in the EU, that we are no longer in, is making anything better for us

That's just false equivalence, trying to show EU has its problems so we must be better off.

I agree brexit isn't good for us, but it's hardly made any difference to the EU. Didn't they need us, more than we needed them?

Who or what is our common enemy do you think?

Sponsored Links
Quickly, and with no swerving, tell us exactly which fruit and vegetables will be going up above and beyond the general rise in inflation due to Brexit so that I can record them now and check back in a years time. Remember, no swerving.
This is scare mongering of course because for this to happen we would have to have the perfect storm so we would need:
Inflation running in double digits, fertilizer costs would have to have risen significantly, the currency would have to have been devalued, energy costs would have had to have at least doubled, wages would be increasing and transport costs would haver to be higher due to fuel and then of course, border hold-ups with perishable food stuff...i.e. higher waste
And as we know, the Gov have said that's not the case for the UK, its the rest of the world that have these underlying issues

And I’ll keep maintaining that until I see different - I’ve listed current prices and we'll just have to see, won’t we? If fruit and veg doesn't go up except by the rate of inflation, will you concede that again, you are predicting, nay, hoping that something goes up in the future because of Brexit. it’s just another prediction like mobile roaming, international driving licences, EU car insurance, EHIC etc etc that have sorted themselves out. Prices won’t go up because people won’t pay so business will win through, again. I say nothing has affected me personally because it hasn’t. I’ll just have to swallow the upcoming EU Visa cost that’s going to be brought in next year which will set me back a whole fiver every three years or so, dammit!

Thought I would highlight 1 part of it for you. But I am sure it wont affect you or your shops availability and prices.

The government acknowledges that the extra red tape and checks will increase food prices, pushing up the overall level of prices by 0.2 percentage points over three years.
That means a notable impact on food inflation, but not a new food price shock of the kind seen after Russia's invasion of Ukraine. That increase was, nonetheless, sufficient for the cabinet to further delay the imposition of the checks last year, at a time when food inflation was rising at double-digit rates.
As Tom Southall, a director of the Cold Chain Federation, puts it: "There's never been a good time to do it, which is why it's been delayed five times."
and ref availability

Above all, EU official vets are unlikely to be available through the day, night and weekend to sign off perishable exports to the UK. And all of this is made more complex by the requirement to give one day's pre-notification of imports. That is a large proportion of best before dates on these sorts of goods.
"We've lost a day. That's 20% of the shelf life and the products aren't really saleable,"

and

So, in less than 24 hours, an experiment starts. Can the UK's pan-European food supply chains function effectively within a burdensome system of certification and checks? And what if industry is right that maximum disruption will occur this autumn, around the expected time of the general election? The last piece of the Brexit jigsaw could be its most consequential.

Last edited:
This is scare mongering of course because for this to happen we would have to have the perfect storm so we would need:
Inflation running in double digits, fertilizer costs would have to have risen significantly, the currency would have to have been devalued, energy costs would have had to have at least doubled, wages would be increasing and transport costs would haver to be higher due to fuel and then of course, border hold-ups with perishable food stuff...i.e. higher waste
And as we know, the Gov have said that's not the case for the UK, its the rest of the world that have these underlying issues
it is not scaremongering

UKs largest trade partner, counting for over 40% is with the EU

brexit meant UK has left the single market, so we now have the following trade barriers: sps controls, rules of origin checks, loss of cabotage rights, transit documents, customs declarations as well as issues with regulatory compliance certification

that means every good we import or export in relation to EU has increased checks and increased delays resulting in increased costs

And if it is down to brexit it's being equalled out by what's happening in the EU.
thats not correct

if the UK was still a member the problems the EU are facing with reliance on Russian oil and gas, rise in right wing populism and issues with Eurozone would have hardly impacted the UK

whereas leaving the Single Market has had a very significant impact on trade competitiveness

I’m certainly no worse off for it. Are you?

Oh no no, stop the lies now, you been pulled on this before. Now its your own personal circumstances as justifcation. Solipsism as your only defence.

Typical dumb Brexiteer.

The government acknowledges that the extra red tape and checks will increase food prices, pushing up the overall level of prices by 0.2 percentage points over three years.
Blimey, 0.2 percentage points over 3 years? Remind me what the rate of inflation was last year and the year before that.

Blimey, 0.2 percentage points over 3 years? Remind me what the rate of inflation was last year and the year before that.

Wait on but you tried blaming inflation on external factors.

Man you are such a cuck.

Sponsored Links
Back