Get in Fruit and Veg prices to go up - another Brexit win

Sponsored Links
There is a guy at work buying a house in Spain. Can do that no problem which surprised me.
That's a plus. Well no change.
Then I have a mate that's a musician and EU work dried up because of the travel and work visas when touring. That's a minus.

One for each side of argument there.

Sponsored Links
I don't normally get involved in Brexit discussions but this is one area I think gets overlooked. I followed the Referendum intently because I was genuinely undecided. I was sanguine about the result, because we had been given so many reassurances by all the big guns on the Brexit side of things. All that needed to be decided was whether it would be the Norway model or the Switzerland model. Nobody of note had even mentioned the customs union, never mind leaving it. When we first heard we would be leaving the customs union, a couple of months after the referendum, I would imagine 95%+ had never even heard of it. I believe the public were greatly misled over how hard the Brexit was going to be.
I disagree.

People voted for something they didn't understand, many still don't.

We got exactly what we voted for. Confusion.

People voted for immigration controls. Nothing else.

There is a guy at work buying a house in Spain. Can do that no problem which surprised me.
That's a plus. Well no change.
Then I have a mate that's a musician and EU work dried up because of the travel and work visas when touring. That's a minus.

One for each side of argument there.
yeah buying property in Spain is quite easy

getting a visa is quite straightforward although a non lucrative visa requires evidence of a certain level of income, a working visa requires a job offer, if self employed you need to provide a business plan. Its way more complex than before

musicians / entertainers have sadly been totally shafted

I don't normally get involved in Brexit discussions but this is one area I think gets overlooked. I followed the Referendum intently because I was genuinely undecided. I was sanguine about the result, because we had been given so many reassurances by all the big guns on the Brexit side of things. All that needed to be decided was whether it would be the Norway model or the Switzerland model. Nobody of note had even mentioned the customs union, never mind leaving it. When we first heard we would be leaving the customs union, a couple of months after the referendum, I would imagine 95%+ had never even heard of it. I believe the public were greatly misled over how hard the Brexit was going to be.
Cameroon created a simple referendum question, gambling that he would win and that would be it for the time being i.e. get the party's right wing off his back, at least for the remainder of his term. When the country voted leave he should either have stayed on and negotiated a deal which would then be put to a second referendum, or called a general election and let the next steps be argued out before the country. He took the cowardly way out, and did the political equivalent of picking up his ball and walking off the pitch. The fact that he comes across as statesmanlike in the his new role as foreign sec says a lot about the calibre of the present government.

yeah buying property in Spain is quite easy

getting a visa is quite straightforward although a non lucrative visa requires evidence of a certain level of income, a working visa requires a job offer, if self employed you need to provide a business plan. Its way more complex than before

musicians / entertainers have sadly been totally shafted
Probably more people in U.K. buying in Spain than working as a musician out there. Spain (and France) are pushing for U.K. property owners to get more time out there. Seems they are missing our broken British pounds…..

Best thing about Brexit is everyone is suffering the negatives and positives equally.

I had those. Negative was EE stung me 26 quid for roaming charges. Then I had a sort of, er, positive - they refunded it because I kicked up a fuss. Right load of aggro just to be no worse off because of Brexit on that one. :unsure:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back