Getting older

My mum is 88, her sight is all shot, hearing almost none existent, suffers from Parkinson's. Bless her she still has her driving licence and dries every day!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My mum is 88, her sight is all shot, hearing almost none existent, suffers from Parkinson's. Bless her she still has her driving licence and dries every day!

Fair play to her mate

my aunt is 81 and flies to Scotland and Canada from Northern Ireland every year on her own to see my cousins

obmcfc said:
my aunt is 81 and flies to Scotland and Canada from Northern Ireland every year on her own --

Wow! That's pretty old to have a pilot's license. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I instantly had a mental image of her wearing Biggles scarf and goggles whilst standing on the ridge of the roof flapping her arms!

obmcfc said:
my aunt is 81 and flies to Scotland and Canada from Northern Ireland every year on her own --

Wow! That's pretty old to have a pilot's license. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I instantly had a mental image of her wearing Biggles scarf and goggles whilst standing on the ridge of the roof flapping her arms!

:rolleyes: ...just a scarf and goggles???....perv............shes too old for you!!!!

My mother in law is 83, my other half is 45 and recently she was worried her mum was getting absent minded/forgetful/confused so they got this doc to run a series of tests with her present(prob for dementia/Alzheimers onset)....
By her own admission her mum scored better than her! :confused:
Watch "Countdown", keeps the brain going numbers and letters, nice lady in a short skirt too... ;)
Gotta keep mentally and physically active, and be sensible about it, injuries and breaks can be a major disaster the older you get...

71 this year and pleased to say I can spell and punctuate better than many school leavers. Smoked for 45 years (gave up 10years ago) and still have a double Bacardi every night. So, you 50 somethings, keep active in mind and body and sbove all DONT GIVE UP.

71 this year and pleased to say I can spell and punctuate better than many school leavers. Smoked for 45 years (gave up 10years ago) and still have a double Bacardi every night. So, you 50 somethings, keep active in mind and body and sbove all DONT GIVE UP.

yeah, but your eyesight is going now init? ;)

Many more to mattie.

BTW, I'm half way between 50 and 75

Sponsored Links
Back