Getting rid of Ubuntu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed the Ubuntu OS freebie from PC World to run alongside W98 on an old machine. This partitioned the disk at the time and I now find that there is no room to install any large W98 stuff. I can't seem to be able to get into any source that will, either, reduce the Ubuntu partition, or perhaps get rid of Ubuntu altogether. I have just found the install disk for Ubuntu and wondered if this is the route to take.

Sponsored Links
Look on web for a free EX3 partitioning software - most can resize and convert to FAT32 for win98 (what a strange thing to use...)

Sponsored Links
That means that you should go back to school because you are annoying and irritating...

I installed the Ubuntu OS freebie from PC World to run alongside W98 on an old machine. This partitioned the disk at the time and I now find that there is no room to install any large W98 stuff. I can't seem to be able to get into any source that will, either, reduce the Ubuntu partition, or perhaps get rid of Ubuntu altogether. I have just found the install disk for Ubuntu and wondered if this is the route to take.

Yes, use the install CD, hopefully it will be a "Live CD", this will enable you to run Ubuntu from the CD rather than your computer. When you start up choose the option "run without making any changes to the computer". Once you have that running use GParted (in System-->Administration) to shrink the partition in question. You can't manipulate a drive that is mounted so you need to run the Live CD.

Thanks Ian, have just realised I don't have a CD for Xandros (on the machine) was getting mixed up with one I acquired from PC mag, which is Ubuntu.

Sponsored Links
Back