Give Boris Some Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Maybe in the future the virus could be modified to help COPD sufferers and divers.
I'm going to go with no. But it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone somewhere learns something that can be useful elsewhere.

Can you see that you've just completely destroyed your own position, Sod?

You believe the WHO (informed by scientists), yet acknowledge that this disease is confounding science (blood oxygen levels, for one)?

For me, at the current time, this is a data - gathering exercise.
The disease is spreading worldwide and climate doesn't seem to make any difference. That at least seems to be proven, just by looking at where it's gone. Other warm countries are suffering - for example, Iran are now beginning to get a lot more new cases since easing lockdown measures but if I use Bodds thoughts Iran shouldn't be getting that because it's a hot climate.

This discussion with Bodd started because he thinks this virus is the same as the influenza virus. It's not. He thinks that New Zealands success may be down to climate whereas I think lockdown is by far a more effective way of controlling spread and death that it being helped or hindered by climate.

Sponsored Links
Is it as simple as that. Country's that have suffered have been in or coming out of winter. Countrys like NZ and Aus in summer now coming into winter. Nothing is black and white.
I don't honestly know the answer.....
Have I said the Virus does not spread in hot country's.....

I don't think I have.....
You said that Nz's success with the spread isn't as simple as being just down to lockdown, that their climate is also a factor. I just said climate wasn't, gave a link and then we all went off on one long nothing discussion......

In fairness to Bodd, while he offered up the question of influenza - like characteristics viz-a-viz cooler temperatures, he also said NZ's "fook 'em" - attitude to inbound migration could have something to do with their impressive stats.

In fairness to Bodd, while he offered up the question of influenza - like characteristics viz-a-viz cooler temperatures, he also said NZ's "fook 'em" - attitude to inbound migration could have something to do with their impressive stats.
To be fair to Bodd he thinks everything including star signs might be a major factor. Except maybe Boris ( ;) ). There's potential for a career in the sciences, 'more research is required'...

but if I use Bodds thoughts Iran shouldn't be getting that because it's a hot climate.

Screenshot_20200508_230729_com.android.chrome.jpg

Not that hot really. Nice but not that hot...

I think Iran peaked about April 8. Now bear in mind that the viras can be carried for 3 weeks before it sets in.

So your not a scientist or a Geography teacher.

I'll tell you one thing. I don't know either...

You said that Nz's success with the spread isn't as simple as being just down to lockdown, that their climate is also a factor. I just said climate wasn't, gave a link and then we all went off on one long nothing discussion......

It s a fact that Nz and Aus are coming into winter. Apart from the North QLD WA and NT

View attachment 191833
Not that hot really. Nice but not that hot...

I think Iran peaked about April 8. Now bear in mind that the viras can be carried for 3 weeks before it sets in.

So your not a scientist or a Geography teacher.

I'll tell you one thing. I don't know either...
And their cases are rising now and the temp is now around 28oC.
The difference is perhaps not the weather (as it's getting much warmer) but the lockdown measures that are being loosened.

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/climate/Iran.htm

The virus can be incubated for a period but it's more common to show symptoms quicker.

It s a fact that Nz and Aus are coming into winter.
Yes I know, I've been to Australia as well as known since primary school that they are on the other side of the world to the UK and their seasons are different!

Lovely country for sure and a fab leader who's measures of dealing with this virus seems to have possibly saved many a life which was the whole point I was making in the first place.
Good on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back