Global Lending/National Debt Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since Christmas I have been plagued by Telephone calls from a company calling themselves "Global Lending". They are using an international number, not displayed, and generally the people are all asian/americans.

I am on TPS but as they are outside the uk they do not adhere to the law. As soon as I challenge them they hang up. If I tell them to F off they hang up, if I ask probing questions they hang up.

What is scary is that they know my and my wifes names, my post-code, and apparently I am in debt to the tune of £11,600. (I am not!). They offer debt counselling!!! My credit check is clean.

I decided to play along this morning and "Gillian" says that they are part of a government scheme, the National Debt Counselling service. She took the fictitious details I provided and then I spoke with a senior counsellor "Sam Thomas" who wanted to make an appointment for a Counsellor to call on me.

I lost it my temper at that point. I have tried web searches but can find no trace of this company. Anybody heard of them?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Could be useful in the future, have you a contact number for them?

I know nobody abroad. I simply dont answer international numbers.

No, there is no number displayed. Trouble is - my daughters work number is always withheld as well so we have no option but to answer it.

Sponsored Links
So its withheld then. Which means they are using a number in the UK, which by law must abide by the TPS and OFCOM rules.

(With caller display, you either get a number, "withheld" or "international")

So its withheld then. Which means they are using a number in the UK, which by law must abide by the TPS and OFCOM rules.

(With caller display, you either get a number, "withheld" or "international")

evan BT ignore the TPS service.

As I say I am on TPS and this hasn't prevented these calls. The only thing showing on the display is a number of dashes. When I do 1471 the computer says they do not have the callers number.

caller display, actually, can display dashes, some phone numbers appear with dashes, such as 0800-474-585, they can also appear with spaces, or as one string of numbers.

Strange.

As I say I am on TPS and this hasn't prevented these calls. The only thing showing on the display is a number of dashes. When I do 1471 the computer says they do not have the callers number.

is that not a real woman checking up for you? :eek:

is that not a real woman checking up for you? :eek:

Nah, can't be. Chance would be a fine thing! :(

I note Empip that the leading contender on your search list doesn't give out a tel number - you have to e-mail them for their services. No calls so far today!

I lost it my temper at that point.

You must have been "bad cop" in the interview room then. lol

Don't you have the option of auto reject of withheld numbers?

Alternatively my favourite is to answer and say "I'll just get him, hang on" ... and then go and do something for an hour or so.

No bad cop - Lose your Temper.... Lose the case.

Very good at Scarcasm tho. Woody. My Daughter rings from a withheld number so I can't reject it.....

Wish I had a button to send a lekky shock down the phone to the callers I don't want. That would be good.

Sponsored Links
Back