Glow worm Energy wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, new to the forum and hoping someone can help.

I've had a new boiler fitted but it won't run, plumber has said the boiler must be faulty but I'm not sure? I have been reading up and I'm not sure whether he has wired it up correctly. He has wired the live, neutral and earth from a socket into the main pcb, and then wired the controller (2 channel programmer) feed into the same block on the pcb, does anyone know if this is correct as the manual states 'provide one common supply for the boiler and the corresponding controller?

Many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
phone vaillant because it should have a warranty that covers this breakdown , it costs nothing as long it was fitted by a registered engineer

Sponsored Links
I have requested an engineer to come out, but they can't come till next week so was I reading the manual myself and wasn't sure that he had wired it correctly as my old boiler only had the controller wire running to it, but he said new boilers need the extra wire, just wasn't sure what the manual meant by 'provide one common supply' as in my mind it looks like two separate supplies, one permanent and one from the controller???

Then again, why are you in the wiring as you have to remove the boiler casing to gain access to PCB?

Don't worry about as I'm sure the 'plumber' will sort it out for you..

Its in the manual, I'm asking what I thought was a simple question on a diy forum so that I understand it better

Programmer usually controls the motorised valves which in turn control the boiler to give separate hot water and CH control. Bit odd if prog wired direct to boiler only.

have requested an engineer to come out, but they can't come till next week so was I reading the manual myself and wasn't sure that he had wired it correctly as my old boiler only had the controller wire running to it, but he said new boilers need the extra wire, just wasn't sure what the manual meant by 'provide one common supply' as in my mind it looks like two separate supplies, one permanent and one from the controller???
A week for the manu to come out ????

Programmer usually controls the motorised valves which in turn control the boiler to give separate hot water and CH control. Bit odd if prog wired direct to boiler only.
Sorry I haven't explained it properly, we have always had what looks like a blank electric socket where the wires from the controller run, and then in turn into the boiler, there are lots of wires in the airing cupboard to feed pump, valve etc. The only thing that is different now is we also have another wire/lead going into a nearby socket to provide a permanent live, which he said boilers now need , according to the manual which I am assuming he has followed, these are wired into the same block on the pcb, the part I'm confused with is what does the manual mean by a common supply, is this what he has done? I am assuming he has done it correct but as I said, he was a plumber not an electrician so I'm not 100% confident

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back