Gloworm climapro not working different times of day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a three or four year old gloworm combi boiler and a couple of years ago had it repositioned by a corgi and introduced a climapro remote controller.
She has an incredibly warm house and doesn't really use the programmer but just uses override when she wants central heating. Turns out she has found it temperamental and both override and programmer work some times and not others. Had original installer and a subsequent engineer look at problem with no solution.
I have just taken a look and noticed there is an analog timer clock on the boiler and is set in timer mode. I noticed the clicks were rather slapdash and set to off for the morning hours which is predominately when she has the problems and on for the afternoon when she says it seems to work fine. Surely this analog clock should be set for permanently on so as to allow the climapro to control the boiler or am I missing the point entirely?

I have tested it with analog timer clock set to permanently on mode and now the climapro controller works as expected but wanted to check my theory with you pros.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would think it should be left in the on position
Easy to check put it in the off position and the heating should not come on on the remote stat

Beggars belief two engineers didn't spot this if that is the correct setting. Boiler is located in loft and owner is scared of spiders so no way has she been up there and changed any settings

the onboard timer must be set to constantly on, and CORGI havent existed for over a decade

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replies. I am old skool with name terms:)
I have told her to get her call out fees back from the "corgis" as they are obviously both incompetent.

Last edited:
Meh, i know loads about boilers, i know their made of metal, plastic, and bits of pipe, and smoke comes out the big white pipe at the top (y)
and that Mr sheen is their best friend whe service time comes around , hope you are well mate :rolleyes:

and that Mr sheen is their best friend whe service time comes around , hope you are well mate :rolleyes:

Im good thanks, just cuddling up with a blanket on this cold wet autumn afternoon :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back