Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had the above system boiler fitted along with a nest thermostat. I've since had a couple of issues with valves and microswitches.

One outstanding question I have is that when there is a call for heating either for the central heating or to warm the water in my tank the radiator symbol flashes. There is a separate hot water indication (a tap) that does not flash at all. I'd expect that to flash when heating the water and the radiator symbol to flash when heating the radiators and both to flash should they both be being called for.

My question is does this sound correct or does it sound like a dodgy wiring job? I'd like to know before I go trying to contact the installer. I'd imagine he would probably say it was fine but I'd rather it work as intended if it's not currently.

Is it something I could correct myself? I'm fairly confident in wiring having replaced one of the actuators on the CH valve. I just need pointing in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
Yours is wired correctly and working correctly. If you had wanted the hot water to symbol to work then you would have needed the Glow-worm controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back