God does not exist - discuss

The morals they have are christian ones taught to them as children. A true atheist has no moral compass.

Christians may claim to be the arbiters of morals, but I think you'll find that those 'morals' were lifted from earlier religions. Which will originally themselves have lifted them from the better aspects of human behaviour.
Morals are a human concept, not a religous one.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
I've come to the conclusion that religionists such as Norcon and joe are, basically, "thick".

I doubt that they'll ever convince me otherwise and will resort to insults and innuendo.

The truth hurts. :LOL:
What "truth" is that then, you pointless monkey? :rolleyes:

mj07.png

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
"I walked down the road the other day and saw a man with long greasy dreadlocks down to the middle of his back..
I therefore put it to you that barbers don't exist..... because if they did exist then no one would have long messy hair......"

without suffering and pain we wouldn't know the polar opposite of joy and peace..

evil is a necessary thing because without evil there could be no good.. everything needs an opposite..

I've come to the conclusion that religionists such as Norcon and joe are, basically, "thick".

I doubt that they'll ever convince me otherwise and will resort to insults and innuendo.

Joe isn't a religionist; he's just an argumentionist.

The morals they have are christian ones taught to them as children. A true atheist has no moral compass.

Christians may claim to be the arbiters of morals, but I think you'll find that those 'morals' were lifted from earlier religions. Which will originally themselves have lifted them from the better aspects of human behaviour.
Morals are a human concept, not a religous one.

morals,good works,religouse acts cant save us,they are as filthy rags,
its called filthy rags, becuase you cannot remove the sin by good works,or being religouse, its the sin that we inherited from birth,from
adam the sin inslaves us. by one mans(adam) sin,sin entered the world.

Do feck off with that b*ll*x.
Innocent babies are born sinners??? No wonder the church ain't got no credibility spouting that cr*p.

When I asked someone on this forum once, if, on my deathbed, I renounced my sins and asked for forgiveness for not believing, would I be let into heaven.???
Indeed I would was the answer.

What moral is that then.???

It's nonsense.

Do f**k off with that b*ll*x.
Innocent babies are born sinners??? No wonder the church ain't got no credibility spouting that cr*p.

we are all born sinners, thats the truth. but babys who die,are not lost,they are not accountable, they are innocent,and they are covered by what jesus done at the cross. they go back to God. its you and me that are accountable.

When I asked someone on this forum once, if, on my deathbed, I renounced my sins and asked for forgiveness for not believing, would I be let into heaven.???
Indeed I would was the answer.

What moral is that then.???

It's nonsense.

how is that nonsense, and how do you know when you will die ?
,tommorow is not promised. its very rare someone gets that chance,but if they do play roulette,before they slip into eternity. then yes God would forgive,he is not willing that any should perish.

how is that nonsense, and how do you know when you will die ?
,tommorow is not promised. its very rare someone gets that chance,but if they do play roulette,before they slip into eternity. then yes God would forgive,he is not willing that any should perish.

No point then.
All the rapists and murderers will be 'upstairs' for asking forgiveness and the law abiding decent atheists will be sitting at the late night bar in hell.

Suits me. :D

Archaeology has in many cases refuted the views of modern critics. More than 25,000 sites showing some connection with the Old Testament period have been located in Bible lands. Dr. Robert Dick Wilson, former professor of Semitic philology at Princeton Theological Seminary, said, "After forty-five years of scholarly research in Biblical textual studies and in language study. I have come now to the conviction that no man knows enough to assail the truthfulness of the Old Testament. Where there is sufficient documentary evidence to make an investigation, the statements of the Bible, in the original text, have stood the test." Furthermore, the noted Dr. J.O. Kinnaman said, "of the hundreds of thousands of artifacts found by other archaeologists, not one has ever been discovered that contradicts or denies one word, phrase, clause, or sentence of the bible, but always confirms and verifies the facts of the Biblical record." If one discards the Bible as being unreliable, then he must discard almost all literature of antiquity.

oh and pontious pilate was real too !

Sponsored Links