Governor - How do they work?

at the age of twelve i fear tony was being bullied relentlessly.

Sponsored Links
As he was bent over with a tube of silicone grease in his hand because he knew he would need that in the future. :eek: :eek:

namsag, I agree entirely in what "namsag" said in the following statement.:-

"We all make mistakes and mis-diagnose or have an in grained view point the secret is listening to others and admitting our mistakes and altering our pre held views accordingly."

I wish that more people could follow this view. Communication and cross fertilisation of knowledge could be a lot easier and fruitful. I suggest Agile looks back on a previous post, when the subject of Humility was mentioned! From what I have read from his previous posts, bearing mind that his boiler manufacturer's Fault Finding & Diagnoses courses he appears to have attended and hands-on experience, has conceivably supported him in the occupation that he is obtaining a living from, I would not deny him recognition for his gained knowledge, but what is to be gained by denigrating B.G Employees? Everybody, but every body that writes in for advice, appears to be, from Agiles point of view, unemployable. Usually resulting from jobs that he has attended. (See namsag's view above) I hopefully make the assumption that that his inference, re ex B.G, employees was not directed at my background, ( from my previous posts), though I would still be proud to be associated with the Service Engineers, Gas Distribution & Transmission Engineers, though now disintegrated. I started my working life with the North Thames Gas Board in !953, the best post-war training indentured apprenticeship available in those days!
What is the problem you have with B.G.Employees (or ex- employees)?
You wonder why you are not treated politely! Try being less patronising, less denigrating and more communicative, you seem to be handling boiler problems on this Forum most admirably, but remember you are only a big fish in the small pool of your own environment!

No, I am not coming round for tea on Sunday !
Brian, one of the hypothetical 3000 Brians in Essex. (Where on Earth did the figure 3000 come from?)

Sponsored Links
seanfhear said:
I hopefully make the assumption that that his inference, re ex B.G, employees was not directed at my background,

You wonder why you are not treated politely!

Brian,

BG employ over over 5000 registered operatives and probably do about 17% of the boiler maintenance and repairs in the UK. One would expect that they do most of those pretty adequately. I have no problem with BG and I dont think of myself as a BG "hater" they are just one of the many other firms fixing boilers.

Obviously, a few jobs will go wrong, and I sometimes get called to help by the owners but thats only to be expected as I would not get called to the thousands which are fixed as normal business.

It seems to be unfortunate that some of the people who are less polite on these forums happen to be ex-BG. In the many years I worked for the BBC I dont remember anyone calling me a tw#t. For someone who understands how a regulator works to ask me that question does not seem to me to be very positive.

We are all doing ( or did ) the same sort of work and I think that should mean that we are fully supporting each other and the industry and the trade associations. I would be happy to have tea with any RGis.

Tony

Agile i wold imagine you where called a lot worse if you have gone through life with your holier than thou attitude

gossip gas mains are 6 bar round here to try steal oil customers
the hyperlinks were interesting
I work in oil

Agile said:
seanfhear said:
I hopefully make the assumption that that his inference, re ex B.G, employees was not directed at my background,

You wonder why you are not treated politely!

Brian,

BG employ over over 5000 registered operatives and probably do about 17% of the boiler maintenance and repairs in the UK. One would expect that they do most of those pretty adequately. I have no problem with BG and I dont think of myself as a BG "hater" they are just one of the many other firms fixing boilers.

Obviously, a few jobs will go wrong, and I sometimes get called to help by the owners but thats only to be expected as I would not get called to the thousands which are fixed as normal business.

It seems to be unfortunate that some of the people who are less polite on these forums happen to be ex-BG. In the many years I worked for the BBC I dont remember anyone calling me a tw#t. For someone who understands how a regulator works to ask me that question does not seem to me to be very positive.

We are all doing ( or did ) the same sort of work and I think that should mean that we are fully supporting each other and the industry and the trade associations. I would be happy to have tea with any RGis.

Tony

why the sudden turn around tony? in previous posts you have suggested BG must be perfect at all times and the slightest problem on one of their jobs means they must be taking the **** deliberately.

i still dont see why you think ex BG staff are more impolite than anyone else on this forum or anywhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back