Grant Vortex Combi & Honeywell BDR91 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having difficulty in establishing the correct wiring for attaching a Honeywell BDR91 boiler relay (as part of the Honeywell Y87RF Single Zone Thermostat).

I have the instructions for both, but cannot make the correct method (images attached)

Grant Vortex 36e (External Oil Combi)

Honeywell BDR91 Boiler Relay

I think I understand the layout in regards to the L & N side of things, it is the A,B,C connections that I am unsure about. Where in the boiler do thy connect? I only have the switched live for the CH available.

Would I link the L connection in the boiler relay to the A connection, and then have the B connection connected to the CH switched olive in the boiler?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Sponsored Links
BDR91 unit requires permanent mains supply on L&N terminals.
BDR91 terminal A needs a permanent live as well, either from the boiler or just put a small link between the L and A terminals in the BDR91.
BDR91 terminal B is the switched output, which connects to CH in the boiler.

The thermostat is just a switch. All it does is connect live to the boiler CH terminal when heat is required.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back