Greta Thundberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It would seem Greta was not indoctrinated by her parents.

More the other way around

Her parents were the guinea pigs. She discovered she had remarkable powers of persuasion, and her mother gave up flying, which had a severe impact on her career. Her father became a vegetarian. As well as feeling relieved by the transformation of their formerly quiet and morose daughter, they say they were persuaded by her reasoning. “Over the years, I ran out of arguments,” says her father. “She kept showing us documentaries, and we read books together. Before that, I really didn’t have a clue. I thought we had the climate issue sorted,” he says. “She changed us and now she is changing a great many other people. There was no hint of this in her childhood. It’s unbelievable. If this can happen, anything can happen
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-warrior-some-people-can-let-things-go-i-cant

Autistic and dyslexic people can seem to be awfully bright and clever, plus single minded, even obsessive, but often their arguments just don't stack up. This girl is obsessive and completely unreasonable, full of her own importance - she has latched onto climate and nothing will persuade her otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Autistic and dyslexic people can seem to be awfully bright and clever, plus single minded, even obsessive, but often their arguments just don't stack up. This girl is obsessive and completely unreasonable, full of her own importance - she has latched onto climate and nothing will persuade her otherwise.

Whoa o_O really?

Greta has Aspergers.....yes she admits it makes her obsessive.

Does her arguments stack.....yes

Here is the problem:
An article by the Foundation for Economic Education -it calls her a misguided fanatic
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-warrior-some-people-can-let-things-go-i-cant

Does that article make sense......

Now here is the counter:
Foundation for Economic Education is funded by the Koch foundation......the money comes from fossil fuel interests and promotes climate deniers

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/glob...groups/foundation-for-economic-education-fee/

Hardley, taking a hard line and 'no deal' really is the best way to achieve a sensible deal. They need us, more then we need them...

Back to square one, we are not in the playground.

We need the rest of the world more than they need us.

It's what the RWR do. Even posters on here claim "joke!" when the repercussions start.
RWR make these comments primarily for two reasons, one is to incite reaction, the other is they have been emboldened.

RWR define themselves by what they hate, they require an enemy, preferably existential. Its how poor RWR will fight for the benefits of the elites.

Hardley, taking a hard line and 'no deal' really is the best way to achieve a sensible deal. They need us, more then we need them...
I am sorry, but that is a lie perpetuated by Brexititeer politicians.

It really is not true.

No deal is not a solution -it isnt an end game.
All it will do is lead to more EU negotiations

The problem is you believe that no deal will give the UK power to get a better deal.

But you want to leave the EU, the better deal they could offer is frictionless, tariff free trade -which you dont want.

You want them to give you something that you refuse to have (n)(n)(n)

It would be helpful if you could explain what you actually want from Brexit......

It would be helpful if you could explain what you actually want from Brexit......
It seems to me that they want -

all of the benefits with none of the conditions and responsibilities.

Also the other countries should agree to this and do what the UK wants because the UK is better than they are.

Quite simply - totally unachievable in any organisation.

Also the other countries should agree to this and do what the UK wants because the UK is better than they are.

Not if you believe in British Exceptionalism and our Empire. There are 50 commonwealth countries desperate to once again fall under our paternal rule.

They will end up selling out to US corporates and then turn around and blame the EU.

The Leavers Brexit argument seems to ignore the real world fact that trade agreements are built on a series of compromises.
Membership of the EU is a compromise.

But the argument for leaving only focuses on percieved negatives, not the overall balance of pros and cons.

Brexiteers dont consider that WTO trade agreements will be a far worse position than EU membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back