Greta Thundberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be helpful if you could explain what you actually want from Brexit......

They can't because they don't know, and can't agree it.

That's why these discussions never get anywhere.

Sponsored Links
It would seem Greta was not indoctrinated by her parents.

More the other way around

Her parents were the guinea pigs. She discovered she had remarkable powers of persuasion, and her mother gave up flying, which had a severe impact on her career. Her father became a vegetarian. As well as feeling relieved by the transformation of their formerly quiet and morose daughter, they say they were persuaded by her reasoning. “Over the years, I ran out of arguments,” says her father. “She kept showing us documentaries, and we read books together. Before that, I really didn’t have a clue. I thought we had the climate issue sorted,” he says. “She changed us and now she is changing a great many other people. There was no hint of this in her childhood. It’s unbelievable. If this can happen, anything can happen
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-warrior-some-people-can-let-things-go-i-cant
Not 100% sure but I think I read that Greta sitting outside campaigning for the first time coincided with her parents releasing a book....

But you want to leave the EU, the better deal they could offer is frictionless, tariff free trade -which you dont want.

You want them to give you something that you refuse to have (n)(n)(n)

It would be helpful if you could explain what you actually want from Brexit......

Brexit has been argued on various forums and groups for the past three years and more, during which I have expressed my point of view numerous times. Like many now, fed up with all the discussion, argument and being told I am wrong for wanting out - I just want out.

Now I just avoid being drawn into any serious discussion, because it has been done to death.. and particularly so in this forum. No matter what the thread subject matter originates as, it is always reverted to Brexit by the usual suspects.

Sponsored Links
Now I just avoid being drawn into any serious discussion, because it has been done to death.
Err no, you avoid being drawn into any discussion where your entrenched views might be challenged. But you are happy to post incorrect soundbites like 'we need them, more than they need us'.

Thats totally fine with me.......it is your choice to ignore the facts.

Just one thing.

'I just want out'.....
You will be disappointed....it wont happen.

Any form of Brexit will mean years and years of negotiation, arguments, division.
The end result would be a soft Brexit as close to the current frictionless trade that exists now as achievable.

Im guessing you might be a retired gentlemen from the North of England?

Perhaps because they feel they have said, all that needs to be said and do not wish to be drawn into yet more pointless discussion?

Confirmation bias.

What actually mean is: 'Any discussion that does not match my entrenched view, I consider pointless'.

You are quite happy to post Brexit comments when it suits.
So you havent said all that needs to be said, you are simply scared of entering into a discussion which is a challenge to your view.

Confirmation bias.

So you havent said all that needs to be said, you are simply scared of entering into a discussion which is a challenge to your view.

Confirmation that my mind is made up and I am happy with the belated outcome.

Your discussion goes goes round and round in circles, making no progress, offering nothing new, so what is the point - Besides, the deal is now signed, out we come. Nothing you or I can do about it, except you are creating a fuss and resurrecting a Brexit discussion in every thread. Why don't you just accept there is absolutely nothing you can do about it and just let it go?

Confirmation that my mind is made up and I am happy with the belated outcome
You are emotionally committed to Brexit.
You maintain your happiness in that decision by avoiding having your view challenged.

Your discussion goes goes round and round in circles, making no progress, offering nothing new, so what is the point
That is not my fault.

It is not my discussion that goes round in circles it is yours.

I keep asking Brexiteers to provide a response with genuine discussion discussion, but they dont. They respond with sarcasm, insults or opinions that have been proved wrong. All I am doing is asking for an honest answer, I cant help it if you refuse to give one.

Besides, the deal is now signed, out we come.
This is a good example.

I have told you, we don't just come out -a no deal will only result in returning to the table to negotiate a deal.

It won't be over -you are wrong.

You are emotionally committed to Brexit.
You maintain your happiness in that decision by avoiding having your view challenged.

You are obsessed with Brexit, I am not - I made my decision and I am happy with that decision. I don't have a desperate need, nor in fact any need at all to defend my decision against anyone. Keep posting your defence of your decision, it will not change anything at all, not even my mind.

Reminder - The title of this thread is 'Greta Thundberg' no mention of Brexit in the title, but as you often do, you kidnapped yet another thread for your political aims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back