Grief...

Trying to talk to anyone, is impossible, so I fully expect a suicide, on the 29th January, by either me or her,

Why are you at risk of suicide?
Has anyone sought professional help?

Sponsored Links
Sad then that you advocate speeding which leads to many of us grieving at the loss of a loved one.
Maybe you should digest the meaning of Ad Hominem instead of misrepresenting me or insinuating I’m a hypocrite.

Let me help you with the folly of your statement: -

A) Sometimes I speed (Like most people).

B) Speed kills.

C) Therefore I want to kill people.

If you would like to specifically address my signature I would be more than happy to do so in a separate thread, or forum, as I do not want to drift off topic or see you attempt to derail this thread...

My girlfriend lost her Father on the 29th January, a few years back..the day after my Birthday..

Then lost her Mother on the same day, a year later...

She then lost 3 brothers,

So she is upset. She is angry. Then my Mother posted, 'You never talked to your parent's, you are a hippocrite', at which point my girlfrind took an overdose, and I cut all communication to my parents, how harsh is that?

Trying to talk to anyone, is impossible, so I fully expect a suicide, on the 29th January, by either me or her, as she is very aggressive, posting angrily, need to keep a watch on.
I think I would have done the same as you Micky; what a dreadful thing for her to have said/posted. :(

Sponsored Links
Sad then that you advocate speeding which leads to many of us grieving at the loss of a loved one.
Maybe you should digest the meaning of Ad Hominem instead of misrepresenting me or insinuating I’m a hypocrite.

Let me help you with the folly of your statement: -

A) Sometimes I speed (Like most people).

B) Speed kills.

C) Therefore I want to kill people.

If you would like to specifically address my signature I would be more than happy to do so in a separate thread, or forum, as I do not want to drift off topic or see you attempt to derail this thread...

We've been through it before at length.

You claimed the right to speed in another thread and in your signature because you "do so safely". We grieve because speeding drivers refuse to accept that their action could and often does lead to the death of our loved ones, members of our families, not some unreachable celebrity.

Think about your dead celebrities every day do you? in your every thought are they?.

This thread is about grief and what it means, so as I said, Sad then that you advocate speeding which leads to many of us grieving at the loss of a loved one. If you have a problem with that. Tough!!

My girlfriend lost her Father on the 29th January, a few years back..the day after my Birthday..

So she is upset. She is angry. Then my Mother posted, 'You never talked to your parent's, you are a hippocrite', at which point my girlfrind took an overdose, and I cut all communication to my parents, how harsh is that?

Trying to talk to anyone, is impossible, so I fully expect a suicide, on the 29th January, by either me or her, as she is very aggressive, posting angrily, need to keep a watch on.
Micky, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting on anyone's parents but since you've brought them into this discussion I 'assume' you're ok with us talking about them? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that score.

In my opinion your parents were way out of line in what they said/did. You said they 'posted' these comments. Was this in a public forum? If that is so then I'm even more alarmed that they could be so cruel. The girl may not have spoken to her family very often but that doesn't mean she didn't love them FFS! I don't see my brother very often but he's my brother and I love him just as much as anyone else loves their siblings. The fact that you've 'cut all communication' to your parents doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't give a stuff if they died. Anyway......

Whatever and however this terrible situation arose (apart from the deaths of your girlfriend's family of course), then the obvious response to you is that you are the only person she has now. I assume she'll listen to you. That she respects you for 'doing the right thing'. You need to try and talk her into some form of counselling Micky. At least TRY. The girl needs to hear someone (other than you), tell her that she is NOT the one at fault here. That the things said were spiteful. That she needs to live her life to the full even more so now. It's what her parents and siblings would want. She needs to go out there and grab life by the nads.

Having said all that, I want to add that IF these 'postings' you mention are in a 'public' domain then that needs to stop asap. This or indeed ANY other 'public' forum is NOT the place to be discussing such personal issues. Yes, it can help and yes there are certainly many members here who will sympathise and try and help you but opening up your life to what is literally millions of people is probably not, in my opinion, the best course of action in such circumstances.

I sincerely hope you manage to get her to talk to a professional about her problems and that she is able to move forward with her life. It won't be a quick fix but its got to be worth it man.

All the best.

I think that grieving is as individual as peoples' DNA, we all do it differently and the amount of grief we feel/show can be dependent on so many different factors from the way we felt about a person to the state of the grieving persons mind/life at the time of grieving.

I’ve just come back down the M6 listening to a very interesting program on Radio 2 with guests Tony Ben and Denis Healey. If it appears as a podcast tomorrow it’s well worth a listen if you get a chance. They talk of the loss of their wives. Should appear somewhere here I hope and very relevant to this thread.

Micky, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting on anyone's parents but since you've brought them into this discussion I 'assume' you're ok with us talking about them? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that score.
With respect, anyone browsing through mickymoody's posts would realise that he has a habit of romancing. Thus I suspect that this story is quite likely to be yet another figment of his imagination.

No offence MM, but I think you're bang out of order letting your imagination make up such an emotive story and posting it on here.

He's a flippin fruit cake. He'll be getting up soon.

He's a flippin fruit cake. He'll be getting up soon.
For someone who has done so little, he has a personal experience anecdote for everything. Nothing wrong with flexing one's imagination for a bit of attention and de-stressing by hurling contradictory abuse on forums to strangers of course, but there's a line somewhere which his post, for me anyway, has crossed over on this occasion.

No doubt he may well give me a reasoned reply in his inimitable and aggressively unpleasant style which is always bubbling below the surface and erupts all too regularly, but never mind.

If this is so, where's the infection control against trolls and trolling here?

confused-smiley-009.gif

confused-smiley-009.gif
I hope you're not referring to me as it is not my intention to offend but rather to request that someone else tries a bit harder to empathise and avoid false glory-seeking fictional disasters. MM may possibly be telling the truth, but history of his previous threads makes one doubt it quite strongly. :confused:

If I were a moderator on here ,as I have been in the past on another php forum, I'd be mighty inclined to remove his posts and any that refer to it, including mine so that there is no record of it

confused-smiley-009.gif
...I hope you're not referring to me
No no no! I wasn't ursamajor. I was/am concerned with the allegation/s levelled at MM; having sincerely replied to him.

I am not a regular member here and so don't know the machinations and personalities etc. like others here do. (I hope that doesn't exclude my viewpoints and this site is not 'clicky').

I have no problem with anyone who diametrically opposes my viewpoint, no hard feelings an’ all that, and I don’t like when an argument turns into a slagging match or personal insults. I do, however, have a strong aversion to trolls - so was just asking the question...

Sponsored Links
Back