Grit "What Grit"

2) A child who had been using the icy pavement to "ice-skate" in his shoes got to the boundary line and nearly went flying when his shoes suddenly gripped...

And do you realise that in this compo world we live in you may have been liable if he had hurt himself?

A few years back, can't remember when or where it happened, a bloke cleared the ice/snow from outside his front door. Woman walking past slipped on a bit he had missed and hurt her ankle. She successfully sued him for damages. Court ruled that it was not his responsibility to clear the pavement but the councils and as he had failed to do it correctly he was liable for the injuries she sustained. So the simple answer is , don't clear the public highway and if you do your own path/drive make sure you do it properly in case the milkman/postie/binman/leaflet distributor et al has a fall.

So many complications, i'm not gritting what-so-ever now that i've read this, i thought i was doing myself a favour :oops: just shows how carefull you have to be in the snow/ice.
think you saved me afew quid :cool: Thanks conny

Sponsored Links
oh get over yourself..
it's not YOUR grit, it's everyones..
there is a NATIONAL shortage....

Sponsored Links
I had reason to go on the last stretch of the M57 at around 6.00pm tonight.
Quite clear but with slush channels. The indicator boards were flashing '50MPH' and I was managing to hold a steady 45mph in the left hand lane. Lorries were flashing past at what must have been their limit of about 60mph throwing this slush to both sides of them and causing a trailing blizzard behind them. After one lorry had passed I noticed what I thought was a motorbike coming up rather quickly before moving right as he got quite close, then I realised it was a car with only one headlight working! To make matters worse we were approaching the motorway ending and he only had one tail light working, which was on the same side as his working headlight, (off-side). He must have used his gears to slow down for the traffic lights at the end because I didn't see any brake lights either!

think you saved me afew quid Thanks conny

Your welcome.

Back