Ham sandwiches...

Sponsored Links
They prob won't give a toot about what you take out!

from what I read, the rules are about taking meat into the EU. What is there already can leave!

Maybe I'll pop over and taunt them with Cornish Pasties and Melton Mowbray pork pies before scoffing them.

And retirees to Spain now need an income of at least £2,000 per month for single people.
And the need to take up residency, if they wish to spend more than 3 months in any 6 months in Spain. (or get a visa, I assume.)
And they need to swap their driving licence.

Apparently the police in France are already enforcing the vehicle/licence swap to be registered in France within a certain time period for UK ex-pats.
According to one agent who assists with re-registering vehicles on the ANTS website, (kind of like French equivalent of DVLA) the immediate pre-Brexit period was absolutely frantic.

Retirees to Spain must show that they have a monthly income of £2.000 into their account .

Minor problem, Major UK Banks are closing Ex Pats Bank Accounts , Ex pats are now finding they are unable to access their pensions .

An old friend of mine sold his holiday home in France in 2018, along with his Herts home, and bought a place in Cornwall instead. At the time I thought it was a bit odd, but now I see why he did it - was obviously thinking ahead.

Sponsored Links
Cannot see what the problem is, Many years ago i used to drive a hgv to Benelux once a week and you could not take meat products unless in a tin/canned or plants either way so i guess it is reverting to what it used to be, With plants and food it was to stop disease like swine flu.

yeah, normal with out countries. As usual the tabloids are trying to make a point that the EU are treating us badly, when in reality they are treating us no different than they treat anybody else outside of the EU.
If you don't like it, you shouldn't have asked to leave!

So basically 99.9 percent of the population won’t be affected or notice any difference whatsoever.

An old friend of mine sold his holiday home in France in 2018, along with his Herts home, and bought a place in Cornwall instead. At the time I thought it was a bit odd, but now I see why he did it - was obviously thinking ahead.

lots of people took precautions to protect themselves against some of the damage caused by brexit.

Rees-Mogg, Dyson the vacuum-cleaner man, Farage, Nigel Lawson, me....
though only one of the above opposes the damage.

Funnily enough mottie is really upset by the idea that I might have had foresight and keeps trying to deny it.

barmy mottie keeps trying to deny the truth.

claims not to be upset but can't stop moaning.

this is the man who keeps bragging about his premium bonds and his taxpayer handouts. Paid to walk his dog.

He can't bear to believe that I had the foresight to protect myself against some of the brexit damage.

You’re the only serial moaner on here.
Could you find me your top 10 happy threads you’ve posted.

Just when you thought Brexit couldn't get any worse... It didn't!:D

Im pleased to hear Brexiteers had such low expectations.

How's the benefits going?

I'm loving my new freedom I've gained....and it's been so seamless, I feel no more free than before.

Im pleased to hear Brexiteers had such low expectations.

How's the benefits going?

I was* a remainer. My light response makes the point that, amongst all the cack coming our way in the next few years, whining about a blinkin' sarnie is, well, whining!

*Like it or not, we are all leavers now.

barmy mottie keeps trying to deny the truth.
Just because you claim something, that doesn’t make it the truth. I don’t believe you and until you show me proof, I’ll continue not to do so. Now, I know being an anonymous person of mystery means that you will never provide proof so I’d suggest you just shut up about it, you’re sounding like a scratched record. It’s not even relevant to this thread so go and start your own thread about your superior investment skills, you boring old ****.

Sponsored Links
Back