Happy Valentines Day : - )

ban-all-sheds said:
Sprouts are fantastic - I love sprouts - can't wait for them to appear in the shops each year. Had some last night, in fact - quartered, blanched, and then stir-fried with toasted cashews, grated root ginger, honey and lemon zest.

Jolly nice.

Sprout curry is one of my faves.............

:eek:

Sponsored Links
I like sprouts. I like raw sprouts. Lovely!

There really is nothing wrong with sprouts. Cooked properly they are gorgeous and a lot of people only say they don't like them because they a) are following a crowd of unfunny-jokesters and/or b) have never had properly cooked ones.

Yummt, I adore sprouts too. My kids call them f@rt capsules :rolleyes: . I make hubby eat them, then wish I hadn't LOL

Anyway, want a laugh?

Today when I was dusting, I saw a big box of Celebrations choccies on top of the bookcase in the lounge. I asked both the kids if they belonged to them and both said no.

Hubby came home and I asked him the same thing. He started to laugh. Then he relayed how he'd been given hell by the women he work with today. Apparently they asked him what he'd got me for Valentines day and he said that he'd bought me some flowers and also a box of choc in case I moaned about the flowers. As I didn't he was going to keep the chocs himself :rolleyes: LMAO

If my headache has gone tomorrow me and the kids will scoff them whilst he's at work - just to teach him a lesson hahaha

Brightness said:
Yummt, I adore sprouts too. My kids call them f@rt capsules :rolleyes: . I make hubby eat them, then wish I hadn't LOL

Anyway, want a laugh?

Today when I was dusting, I saw a big box of Celebrations choccies on top of the bookcase in the lounge. I asked both the kids if they belonged to them and both said no.

Hubby came home and I asked him the same thing. He started to laugh. Then he relayed how he'd been given hell by the women he work with today. Apparently they asked him what he'd got me for Valentines day and he said that he'd bought me some flowers and also a box of choc in case I moaned about the flowers. As I didn't he was going to keep the chocs himself :rolleyes: LMAO

If my headache has gone tomorrow me and the kids will scoff them whilst he's at work - just to teach him a lesson hahaha
:D

Not Valentines-related but your post reminded me of the time my wife bought me an easter egg as well as the kids. Mine sat on top of the bookcase for about a week after easter with the kids looking longingly at it. After tea one day I got it down and took it out of the box only to discover that most of the back of the egg wass missing and the foil had been wrapped back around it. My elder son thought it must have left the factory like that. My younger son thought that our cat must have eaten it.

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:

Anyway, want a laugh?

:D

Not Valentines-related but your post reminded me of the time my wife bought me an easter egg as well as the kids. Mine sat on top of the bookcase for about a week after easter with the kids looking longingly at it. After tea one day I got it down and took it out of the box only to discover that most of the back of the egg wass missing and the foil had been wrapped back around it. My elder son thought it must have left the factory like that. My younger son thought that our cat must have eaten it.

notb665 said:
a lot of people only say they don't like them because they a) are following a crowd of unfunny-jokesters and/or b) have never had properly cooked ones.
Probably think that the only way to cook them is to boil until soggy.

Here's a recipe you probably wouldn't like - try it next time you have a party.

You need some of the aforementioned soggy cooked sprouts. Make a few holes with a fork, immerse in gravy & leave to cool.

When cool, remove the sprouts and allow excess gravy to drain.

Dip sprouts in melted chocolate so that they are completely covered, place on silicone paper & leave to set.

Dust with cocoa powder, and offer them to guests as they arrive, telling them they are home-made truffles.

Here's the curious thing - everyone that you do this to will want you to do it to the next people to arrive....

That is brilliant, Shed Lover, devillish even. I am going to do that at one point.

Back