Happy Valentines Day : - )

i tried not bite but...
I go out to work part time.
Hubby works full time.
when its his days off he expects to be able to lie in and relax and do what he likes.
He does do house work and he does lots with the boys but it is all pleasure stuff.
He tends to take the boys to visit his mam on his days off so that I can get on with the cleaning... I do appreciate that time to get on but....
when do I get my days off??????????????????
(also, I grab a snack whilst he gets roast beef cooked by mummy!!!!)
I go out to work and when Im not out at work, Im working at home.
My boys are all at school now but prior to that if I visited girlfriends or they visited me, we had the kids with us and it wasnt a jolly to the shops!!
I have a wonderful life... children and a hubby and Im enjoying it while it lasts but sometimes I wish I had designated days off too!!
Hubby used to say, what a life you lead!!
YEah!!!
He goes to work and can have breaks and read paper have coffee.
I cant take the batteries out of the kids.
His work ends after his stint, but mine continues constantly.
we had a big row over this... who works the hardest etc and soon realised that we both work hard and that we have to find time for both of us to have our own time.
As a family I think its too easy to view each other as home makers and keep tidiers and parents... and individual needs and lovers needs go out of the window.
I think we will always have a twine about this but it works in general.
We also have our blue and pink jobs!!!
I discuss this at work and it seems that alot of couples no matter how modern thinking... have his and her jobs!
Im not sexist... I grew up in a widowed all female home and we had to do all the jobs ( obviously not DIY tho) but now Im im the only female in a male household Im trying to bring out the feminine side of my hubby and sons!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
i tried not bite but...
I go out to work part time.
Hubby works full time.
when its his days off he expects to be able to lie in and relax and do what he likes.
He does do house work and he does lots with the boys but it is all pleasure stuff.
He tends to take the boys to visit his mam on his days off so that I can get on with the cleaning... I do appreciate that time to get on but....
when do I get my days off??????????????????
(also, I grab a snack whilst he gets roast beef cooked by mummy!!!!)
I go out to work and when Im not out at work, Im working at home.
My boys are all at school now but prior to that if I visited girlfriends or they visited me, we had the kids with us and it wasnt a jolly to the shops!!
I have a wonderful life... children and a hubby and Im enjoying it while it lasts but sometimes I wish I had designated days off too!!
Hubby used to say, what a life you lead!!
YEah!!!
He goes to work and can have breaks and read paper have coffee.
I cant take the batteries out of the kids.
His work ends after his stint, but mine continues constantly.
we had a big row over this... who works the hardest etc and soon realised that we both work hard and that we have to find time for both of us to have our own time.
As a family I think its too easy to view each other as home makers and keep tidiers and parents... and individual needs and lovers needs go out of the window.
I think we will always have a twine about this but it works in general.
We also have our blue and pink jobs!!!
I discuss this at work and it seems that alot of couples no matter how modern thinking... have his and her jobs!
Im not sexist... I grew up in a widowed all female home and we had to do all the jobs ( obviously not DIY tho) but now Im im the only female in a male household Im trying to bring out the feminine side of my hubby and sons!!!!!!!!
You are right. It's wrong to generalize. It was meant as a light- hearted bit of fun. BE HAPPY

hi all....
I'm not married anymore. Wouldn't want to be. What I would like is someone who will ......
1)430am- warm up my car so that I could go to work (in all weather)
2) open the gd pickle jar
3) help unload the groc
4)cook dinner/or have take out ready when I feel like crp when I get home
5)heat me some soup when I'm sick and can't stand up
6)kill the creepy little critter crawlin across the floor
7)mow the grass (every once in a while)
8)tell me funny stories when I feel sad
9)argue with me just to take the edge off
10)watch the stars/moon/snow and say absolutely nothing

But then.....I wake up and realize where I am. But I can dream, can't I?
Happy Valentine's Day!
:)

masona said:
Why did you get married? :LOL: ;)

Dunno, was so long ago I can't remember ;) :LOL:

williams89 said:
hello Brightness. Being a wife,easy life. Please allow me to explain.

Husbands MUST get out of bed and be at work ON TIME.
Husbands MUST get the job done when the boss dictates it should be done
Husbands MUST do this most days of the week and often weekends as well
Husbands MUST do this in all weathers

Wife gets out of bed when she feels like it
Wife does the ironing when she feels like it
Wife leaves the shopping till the weather looks nice
Wife puts her fluffy feet up on the sofa for a nap anytime she likes
Wife easy life.
Heads down chaps. Incoming!!!!!

BE HAPPY

PMSL until I was left disabled by a road accident a few years ago I worked longer hours than my hubby and I also did all the housework, shopping and everything else. I also organised the childcare and made sure the kids were where they were supposed to be at certain times - hubby played golf on his days off - I didn't know what a day off was!

Oh and btw, my hubby is a boss and is more married to his job than he is to me :rolleyes: Not that I'd be without him you understand. He's a good Dad and a reasonably good hubby on times. He tried to redeem himself earlier by going to Morrisons and buying me a half dead bunch of flowers for Valentines Day - I laughed, especially when he also produced a bag of sour worms (my faves) and then cooked the dinner - oven chips and ready made pasties LMAO He tried, bless him.

What I wouldn't give to be able to go out to work and earn my own money again. Saying that, my kids and dogs would miss me being here when they get in and that's worth more than going to work to me :D

Sponsored Links
ooohhh... No, Im not "right" but its just a topic that crops up all of the time with pals and work mates.
And also... equally with a house husband pal... so its equal sexually!
funy that though..
I moved from a small town ( I thought that everyone there knew if you broke wind) to a tiny village ( where I found that everyone knew as soon as you even thought about breaking wind!!hee hee)
anyway...
another family moves here and the man is the house husband and the wife is a high flier.. terrifying career woman. (we thought she may be a laydee in disguise!!)
He. visits for coffee to our houses and goes to play group.
Rumours fly... about his prowess with the ladies!!!!
(I know looks are not everything but he wasnt an adonis) ooo Im sorry that makes me sound shallow but he wasnt a " to die for sex god"...
anyway.. the pink and blue roles were turned around.
He... get this girls...
cooked and washed up
he turned back the bed for her and ran her bath
he put the kids to bed...
he hoovered and ironed!!
We decided it was too good to be true and thought that he must be inadequately endowed!!! ((( JOKE!!!!)))

Im sorry you cant go out to work now... I empathise..that was me for a long time but luckily I am at work though on restricted stuff for now.
You are one hundred percent right...
my boys ask who will be ther after school, always one of us and sometimes a school dinner lady who is just gorgeous and loving and wears my shoes just perfectly for a short time.
My children take us for granted and we love it that they can do that.
I couldnt and Im hoping.. that mine can.
I dont envy yr disability but I do envy your time with your kids! take care

Toffee I wasn't after sympathy :confused: It's a case of que sera sera whatever will be will be etc.

Yeah, my kids would miss me and so would hubby having me at home to tend to his every whim and do 'urgent' stuff like taping the rugby for him LMAO I think my furry babies would miss me more though. The kids come in, eat their dinner and say 'Bye Mum, off out now'. :rolleyes:

I just wish I could earn a decent wage again - I like spending money too much & hubby won't let me spend his :cry:

yes.. no worries... empathy I said not sympathy!!
that wasnt patronising, just fact.
Kids though... Im certain it will take until mine have their own until they realise what sacrifices are made for them!
I love my children but sometimes I dislike them when I have slaved over a hot meal and they smell it, not even combined with looking at it and say yuk!!!!
we are getting alot of work done over the house and I said that Id like a coffee table.
My 6year old has made me a 2 by 2 inch piece of old skirting board and hammered 4 nails into it as a " coffee table".
He presented me with it and now I have to put my coffee on it as a coffee table!!
dont have the heart to say I meant a whole bloody table!!!!!

an old neighbour , well neighbour by our terms... has my middle boy over to do DIY stuff and he loves it as we are not good at this stuff.
they made a bird table together last week.
Its so rewarding.

Sorry I misread. Didn't think you were patronising either :confused:

Love the idea of the coffee table - I could do with him here - I've got loads of DIY he could help me with :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

brightness...
its comical.. he brings me breakfast in bed.
one day was coffee made with hot water out of tap ( I didnt use the kettle mammy!!)
and cheese and onion crisps (at 6.30 in the morning!!)I had said dont use toaster alone...
so.. tap hot coffee with milk and cheese and onion crisps at yes.. 6.30???
oh and a piece of bread with a 2oz dollop of butter in the middle (and loads of holes in the bread made by attempts to spread it)
Blooming heck!!! (does that get round the sensors???
anyway... with eager faces you have to make an effort...
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brightness said:
....... and then cooked the dinner - oven chips and ready made pasties LMAO He tried, bless him...

Awwww, that's sweet. It's the thought that counts, and I hope you realise that some of these pasties don't have cooking instructions on them, so he did very well :)
da_nuzzle.gif

PS Who did the dishes? ;)

Gary_M said:
Anything with sprouts is usually a good bet
pukeface.gif
Are you bonkers?

Sprouts are fantastic - I love sprouts - can't wait for them to appear in the shops each year. Had some last night, in fact - quartered, blanched, and then stir-fried with toasted cashews, grated root ginger, honey and lemon zest.

Jolly nice.

Sprout curry is one of my faves, but I'm generally barred from making that, for a predictable reason...

arrgghh
I read the start of your post and thought mmm, that sounds nice..

then read the end and thought no..

either cook it for when the girls come ronud ( they will go home and pump in their own houses) or dont do it at all!!

my hubby and sprouts... gas mask alert!!!
of course I wouldnt do anything like that.

toffee said:
.......either cook it for when the girls come ronud ( they will go home and pump in their own houses)

Aha, I always knew that girls 'pump', but it's not often you find one who admits it. Much respect to you :)

Sponsored Links
Back