Harry and pack1

Sponsored Links
So as has been said Tim it is in the context of how its being said. A paxi can call another a paxi and thats acceptable but if anyone other than that says it ,its wrong even when used in exactly the same way .
Is that right ??

so me asking a bangla where mecca is or asking him to "play the white man " is wrong

****E

been there done that :LOL:
and his missus invited me to eat with them afterwards ;)

I suppose some will see it as offensive and some not and it depends on from what viewpoint you see it from.

the whole prince harry 'show' is subjective.

should a similar (common) man in the forces use the same expression about a fellow ethnic soldier then little may be said about it - "i call him paky, he calls me snowflake. nuff said. now lets kill the real bad guys".

it was bad luck for the bonny prince that scrutiny for him is never ending.

24/7.

if the average bod on the street were scrutinized like him then the subsequent exposure would be excruciating , i'm sure.

i don't think for a minute the bloke was being deliberately offensive. no doubt, somebody somewhere would find what he said offensive.

if i offered a chimpanzee a cup of tea, somebody somewhere would find it offensive and provided i had enough money, they would even sue.

Sponsored Links
I hate ANY form of bullying, harassment etc. For some time now I have noticed a rise in the popularity of the 'N' word between young black youths. It seems to have been adopted as some form of address. I watched a TV program recently (the name escapes me), investigating the life of young black men in this country. What struck me was not only the frequent use of the word but the fact that when the reporter asked a group of young black lads (who had just been using the word to address each other), if they thought the 'N' word was acceptable, they ALL replied that it was ok for a black person to use the word but not a white person. The excuse? They said that they (black people), now 'own' the word. I must be getting too old to understand youths!

if my wife calls me a winker because i wink then fair enough.

if my wife calls me a winker because i called her fat ass........:cool:

there is stating someone is from Pakistan and there is calling someone a paky.

even a moron can work it out. :rolleyes:

if i offered a chimpanzee a cup of tea, somebody somewhere would find it offensive
so it's cancelled then? :(

3067446fv8.jpg

It's either ok for a black person to use the 'N' word or it's not. We either agree that the word is unacceptable in our society full stop, or it's not. I accept that the word, in most instances, is not used in a derogatory way when black people use it among themselves but surely we cannot have one side of society using a word that is basically against the law for another side of society to use.

the decision do use the term that is either derogatory or complimentary/neutral, lies with the speaker.

there are situations where a profanity could just as easily be use as a compliment.

context is something that is not being observed here????? :confused:

the decision do use the term that is either derogatory or complimentary/neutral, lies with the speaker.

there are situations where a profanity could just as easily be use as a compliment.

context is something that is not being observed here????? :confused:
So are you saying noseall that it is ok for a black person to call another black person 'N' if the person using the word does not intend to cause offence and/or the person being called does not find it offensive?

So are you saying noseall that it is ok for a black person to call another black person 'N' if the person using the word does not intend to cause offence and/or the person being called does not find it offensive?

I know several black gents who do exactly that with no offence intended. What's the problem ?

Sponsored Links
Back