Has anyone ever had a fight ?

LMAO typical Welsh blokes :rolleyes: Just as well PC Plod hadn't picked you upon CCTV or he'd have run you both in for some reason or other :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You lot all saying about little man syndrome.... My hubby is a big bloke (Prop fwd) and my youngest is the same build - 15 large t-shirt no fat on his just huge shoulders etc (prop fwd as well :LOL: ). Anyway, he's fed up of people picking fights with him or trying to - thankfully he walks away. So, last week some people from a karate assn came round as they are opening a new club here and we've signed him up - hopefully that'll stop the thugs :LOL:

Sponsored Links
as a manc sink estate lad ..

I have forgotten the better fights ..lol

its not big or clever ... an I have seen where tit for tat violence takes it ..

regarding all the laydees posting here of late enjoying a scrapping are they Chavs /chavettes ?

my lass who was brought on same VERy ROUGH/HARD estates HATES VIOLENCE ...many of her family are in nick... still due to it ...

Brightness

If you want your son to learn better self defence - kickboxing is miles better. You learn more respect and discipline. Just my opinion....

Sponsored Links
forget karete, kickboxing, boxing, if you want your son to handle himself and not get into fist fights get him into JUDO. it teaches you how to use your own bodyweight and more importantly how to restrain your attacker!....it will help him with his rugby too!

andy

do you partake of judo? it looks good but never had the chance to play it! have tried a russian martial arts - used by the spetnaz which is all pressure points etc - the sensai made me collapse with one finger - touched something in my lower back - now that was scary! If you thought of taking someone on they did that to you surely you would think twice?

to 69er

yes ive done a bit of judo in my time.

I was introduced to it by the headbouncer of a club that i was working for I was the barman whilst in college , and even though i had numerous offers to work the door, im just too good looking!

anyway this guy didnt look the part about 50 years old for christ sake.....but he had the respect of all the other doorstaff because obviously they knew what he could do. One day before a shift he was talking to me on the bar and he told me about a judo class that he runs on a wednesday night down the local lido. I agreed to attend and when i got there every doorman for about a radius of 50 miles was there. he was teaching them all what he called JUDITSU, a combination of judo and street fighting ......it was so scary how fast this guy was , he could completely immobilise you at the blink of an eye. he knew every dirty trick in the book and i never saw anybody get the better of him ....I think he competed in the olympics many moons ago too but dont quote me on that.

These two blokes once picked on my Dad, it was totally unprovoked. But my Dad studied Aikido for many years and was a black belt 4th dan I think and was considering becoming an instructor. They didn't know that, obviously. The great thing about Aikido is that it uses the aggressor's strength against them, and in theory you do not need to strike at all. These two blokes started throwing punches, my Dad dealt with it so quick I did not see it fully - but one of them ended up running into a wall and one fell over such was the ferocity/missedness of his punch. Then Aikido went out the window and a couple of swift blows to their faces. They didn't get up!

Brightness said:
LMAO typical Welsh blokes :rolleyes: Just as well PC Plod hadn't picked you upon CCTV or he'd have run you both in for some reason or other :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You lot all saying about little man syndrome.... My hubby is a big bloke (Prop fwd) and my youngest is the same build - 15 large t-shirt no fat on his just huge shoulders etc (prop fwd as well :LOL: ). Anyway, he's fed up of people picking fights with him or trying to - thankfully he walks away. So, last week some people from a karate assn came round as they are opening a new club here and we've signed him up - hopefully that'll stop the thugs :LOL:
best thing he could do is run away i h8 the idea of my kids fighting as the youngest was attacked by a bloke with a knife once and the thought still makes me sick and angry

run away unless your prepared for the worest thing that can happen

i used to be bullied when i was at school it all seemed to change when i became 17 ? weird but i couldnt stand the thought of running away from anyone even though there where times i should have :eek:

so best thing to teach your young un is to avoid conflict at all times too many knife charves about now :cool:

69er said:
Brightness

If you want your son to learn better self defence - kickboxing is miles better. You learn more respect and discipline. Just my opinion....

Yep i know, I used to do it myself until I had my accident. It's great for keeping you fit and funnily enough no one picked an argument with me :LOL: There's no kickboxing classes round here though :rolleyes:

Moz said:
69er

well said that new guy .. self defence :) :)
....not offence :(

Yep that's why he's going to do karate, to learn to defend himself, not to go out battering someone :LOL:

andyboyo said:
forget karete, kickboxing, boxing, if you want your son to handle himself and not get into fist fights get him into JUDO. it teaches you how to use your own bodyweight and more importantly how to restrain your attacker!....it will help him with his rugby too!

He wanted to do Judo but unfortunately there's no judo class around here either :confused:

markie said:
Better still buy him a gun :LOL:

Ermmmm like how about NO! I HATE guns with a vengeance.

His Dad used to do Aikido and has taught him a bit of that but he needs another sport for his GCSE PE so this seems too good an opportunity to miss.

slogger - sorry to hear about your kid being attacked by an idiot with a knife - ie a coward. What a wop! I was also bullied at school until I hit 14 and thought never again - one of the guys tried to push me around and after sorting him out I never had a problem afterwards. I found kickboxing helped with my self confidence etc

Bright - In my experiences, people that train in martial arts are generally less likely to resort to violence - they seem to understand how it can go wrong. Good luck to your son.

Markie - it was self defence - honest.

Sponsored Links
Back