Has anyone ever seen one of these?

Sponsored Links
They knew how to put bumpers on cars back then.
Nowadays its just a piece of plastic.

If I remember rightly they had an aluminium boot lid and bonnet..............and a single blue light on the roof.

Sponsored Links
Yes. It's a P6. Saw one coming down the hill towards me 3 days ago.

Couple of years ago, I sold a P4 that I had owned since the late 80s. Alas, the P4s didn't have the fantastic Buick designed V8.

Mine was very similar to this one, but I don't have any digital pics of it. Will have to get some transferred from film.

My old car collection is now down to an early shape Carlton. Apart from mine, haven't seen another on the road for a few years.

Couple of years ago, I sold a P4 that I had owned since the late 80s. Alas, the P4s didn't have the fantastic Buick designed V8.

Mine was very similar to this one, but I don't have any digital pics of it. Will have to get some transferred from film.

My old car collection is now down to an early shape Carlton. Apart from mine, haven't seen another on the road for a few years.

This car was a favorite of "Rockers" we used to nick the Vikings head of the bonnet to adorn our leathers... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, I remember the Rover 2000 and 3500 well. Worked on them in the 60s and 70s. The reason there are so few about now is the dreaded rust. Although some of the panels were aluminium, the rest of the vehicle was just mild steel, with no protection apart from a coat of paint and a thin layer of underseal (if you were lucky!). IIRC the Rover 2000 was introduced in 1964, and by the mid 70s, those early examples were failing MOTs in hordes due to corrosion. The same applied to the V8 version which was introduced somewhat later. I do remember that certainly the early examples of the V8 required 100 octane 5-star (leaded) petrol!

This car was a favorite of "Rockers" we used to nick the Vikings head of the bonnet to adorn our leathers... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sacrilege!! :LOL:

I thought rover SD1's were made of sodium ? :D

Probably would have been better than the steel used on them. Don't ask about the reliability.

Nice drive though, especially the V8 Vitesse with the twin plenums.

I did :oops: :oops:

The Rover 2000 had interchangable wings, front nearside could be used as rear offside and, vice versa.

Wotan

The Rover 2000 had interchangable wings, front nearside could be used as rear offside and, vice versa.

Wotan

Interesting, but I'm not sure what the practical applications could be.

Do you swap them round every few thousand miles to even our wear? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back