Hate campaign and incompetent police

Nope, I didn't. I was bored, I anticipated the answer. Although in reality, Sooey wouldn't be as polite as that.!!!

So, no cigar Sherlock.!!!!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
to be charged with "assault by beating" there must have been a battery, i.e. someone got thumped. Common assault means someone is put in fear of being thumped, even if no one laid a finger on them. So if no one was injured the charge will be kicked out of court, if it gets that far

If it's her own family doing this , presumably it's Sooey's family so isn't time to sit round a table and agree to stop playing silly b*gg*rs ?

Sponsored Links
If it's her own family doing this , presumably it's Sooey's family so isn't time to sit round a table and agree to stop playing silly b*gg*rs ?

It's my daughters maternal family not mine, she and and I separated years ago.
I have no interest in sitting around the table with them.
I'd like to beat them up severely (threatened to a couple of times) but they won't lower themselves to a good honest sort out like that (complete sh*thouses the lot of them).
So I have other plans, which will take a while

You do have a copy of the cctv dont you .If not then best get one sharpish THEN put it on youtube

No we don't, the police have that and will have to produce it eventually. What good would putting it on utube do, apart from being subjudice.

No we don't, the police have that and will have to produce it eventually. What good would putting it on utube do, apart from being subjudice.

Do not rely on the police producing evidence .You need to push for this CCTV footage now and hard .As for youtube ..I was being flippant but that is what I would do if i was innocent

I would agree with Slogger, assuming this CCTV footage was, and is your private property. If not, it depends on whose property it is. Then you all you can do is push for a copy.
This CCTV footage is the basis of your defensive argument.
If it is your CCTV footage, allow the police to have a copy, by all means, but not the original, and defo not the only copy!

The incident was in a public area which was covered by cctv. The police have the footage, they've viewed it. It shows that the whole argument was verbal only.
Yet after viewing it the police have charged my daughter with assault by beating. That's what I meant by incompetent police.
They have zero chance of winning that case but are still pushing it forward resulting in a lot of unnecessary stress on my daughter and a complete waste of public money.
The solicitor has already seen the footage the police have alongside my daughter and her mum, and the police will have to produce it to the defence before the court case, so there won't be a problem there.

What was your solicitor's reaction when he viewed the CCTV footage and realised the alleged assault did not happen?

Though he agreed with my daughter that no punch was thrown, on reflection and having had a chat to a recently retired ex copper, I would say it was inadequate.
I'm sure he could have stepped in at that point and stopped things in their tracks, but that wouldn't have been in his firms interest as they now have a case to defend with all the associated legal aid.
So you get a copper who finds it far easier to pass the decision up the line, another copper higher up who makes the decision without seeing any evidence with no possibility of repercussions. And solicitors who are happy to let things run when they could be halted at an early stage.
The whole system is open to abuse and it must be costing the country an absolute fortune. Those are the ex coppers words not mine.

To be fair, you haven't seen the CCTV for yourself, so you're basing your comments on what someone else is telling you.
Just saying.

Sponsored Links
Back