Hate of Women

Bod was pulled for being a bell end by another poster, whilst you were on your sabbatical...

..he usually then turns the thread into nonsense posting, once he realises he's out of his depth.
KingAndy was spot on. Cheers Noseall.

Sponsored Links
Cheers! Nah, still a Miss - living in sin :)

If going back to the video, it's calling out the abuse that the women footie players get - because they are women. So, no, not an equal opportunity! There's no discrimination against white blokes at all, that's just a reaction that white blokes are having to other groups speaking up.
I meant missed (was just having a silly play with words)

"Calling Out" seems to be some sort of tedious buzz phrase by the looney left, best avoided unless you are from the looney left.

Footballers since time immemorial have suffered abuse, its part and parcel of the game. Yes in some cases it may outwardly sound racist or homophobic or sexist or whatever - but its not really, its just stupid brainless insults football fans shout at players. Football fans are not the brightest by a long shot.

Yes white blokes are now discriminated against (sometimes hidden under "positive discrimination" ) but it is discrimination non the less. Take football, imaginge a young white lad wanting to play for a big named club, he wouldn't stand a chance if there was a black lad in the trial as the teams want to be seen as multicultural. think about it, people of black make up only 3% of our population, that would be one black player in every three teams. There is clearly discrimination taking place,

Same for actors, advertising , music industry, working for the BBC - Just look at the hopefuls for the PM, one white bloke out of 6, only 50% are white, clearly this does not represent our population, being white is now a disadvantage.

Of course what happened to sttf was assault. "Calling out" is exactly what should have happened. I can only say I've known far more men being assaulted than women, in fact I don't know of any woman who's had much happen to them. I've worked with a lot of women, too.
Only briefly met the newspaper business though, which was always driven by testosterone and alcohol. Hostile to women back then.
A grope by a drunk bloke at a party is the worst I've seen, a couple of times, where the offender got what he deserved.

Around '87, after a warning I threw two guys off a building site for what they'd said to a passing woman. It escalated, their boss objected, so I sacked the company on the spot. They went to sue, threats all round, nightwatchman and a big delay for me, but I never regretted it for a moment. I 'woke' early.

Thank dog things have changed, those behaviours are really clearly unacceptable now. That's part of the to and fro I described, the pivot point has to be shifted by moving the norms on what's OK. We have some way to go, some attitudes have changed, some are worse cos they're entrenched.
Part of what's particularly bothering is some of what victims say the police response has been.

It's not excusing any behaviour to try to understand why it's going on more. A lot of the new reason is the internet.
Many things don't help, I could make a (contentious) list, but trying to make ALL men feel guilty is one of them.

Sponsored Links
My most loyal mate who I work with is going through it now with his daughter. We've had discussions on the way to work on does his daughter press charges.

She's 14, about two years ago a lad of the same age pinned her to a tree in a wood. aggressively and was touching her...

she never told her parents just a mate or two. I don't think she understood that this was wrong or at least how wrong it was. She was 12 the same age as my girl is now.

A week or so ago they had a knock at the door from the police asking questions about this young lad. Coming from a girl in the care of social services my mate thinks told the police. Apparently there's been a few girls and the police want her to press charges.

The thing is she has made friends with him since and have hung around with the same kids. Don't think a good friend as he's not a nice lad and she's a good girl.

My mates asking me for advice. It's tough as she's worried how it will look two years later and she has now hung with the same crowd.

He asked my advice...
"Its got to be her choice and support what she wants"

He told me Tuesday that she's going through with it. I think she's made the right decision but I worry as she has in the past had emotional worrys but she is a strong resilient young lady.

Last edited:
KingAndy was spot on. Cheers Noseall.

I've had private messages from others on here telling me not to bite as Nostral is a nasty piece of shìt. Your not, your just wrong.
Ask him if he's had the apprentice making tea.

I've had private messages from others on here telling me not to bite as Nostral is a nasty piece of shìt. Your not, your just wrong.
You are stupid.

Yes the apprentice makes the tea but not because of the sex of the individual. Are you really that thick that you don't understand sex discrimination?

You are stupid.

Yes the apprentice makes the tea but not because of the sex of the individual. Are you really that thick that you don't understand sex discrimination?

What a pathetic statement.

Last edited:
Many things don't help, I could make a (contentious) list, but trying to make ALL men feel guilty is one of them.
I don't think all men would feel guilty though would they? I mean, if you're a man who treats women with respect then absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. My partner is a good bloke, he just thinks men who are like that are idiots, but he doesn't apologise for them or feel guilty he is a man and nor should he - he separates himself from those kind of people.

When I see videos like this by Gareth, I don't see him talking to anyone other than the kind of blokes who do abuse online etc. I don't see why normal, rational blokes would get so upset about this video because it's nothing to do with them.
I can only say I've known far more men being assaulted than women, in fact I don't know of any woman who's had much happen to them. I've worked with a lot of women, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my stance since I have been back, the only people that have been nasty to me are you and Mitch.

I meant missed (was just having a silly play with words)

"Calling Out" seems to be some sort of tedious buzz phrase by the looney left, best avoided unless you are from the looney left.

Footballers since time immemorial have suffered abuse, its part and parcel of the game. Yes in some cases it may outwardly sound racist or homophobic or sexist or whatever - but its not really, its just stupid brainless insults football fans shout at players. Football fans are not the brightest by a long shot.

Yes white blokes are now discriminated against (sometimes hidden under "positive discrimination" ) but it is discrimination non the less. Take football, imaginge a young white lad wanting to play for a big named club, he wouldn't stand a chance if there was a black lad in the trial as the teams want to be seen as multicultural. think about it, people of black make up only 3% of our population, that would be one black player in every three teams. There is clearly discrimination taking place,

Same for actors, advertising , music industry, working for the BBC - Just look at the hopefuls for the PM, one white bloke out of 6, only 50% are white, clearly this does not represent our population, being white is now a disadvantage.
There is a lot of incorrect stuff based on opinion rather than facts.

When I see videos like this by Gareth, I don't see him talking to anyone other than the kind of blokes who do abuse online etc. I don't see why normal, rational blokes would get so upset about this video because it's nothing to do with them.
That's not the message at all. Who do you think Gareth is addressing? Only the bad boys? They won't watch it.
I imagine football grounds are saturated with CCTV. It should be easy to see what's going on and deal with offenders, then. DO it, Gareth.

Several times - I haven't kept records - I hear on R4 someone advising girls to use well lit streets or whatever, and back comes the mantra "I shouldn't have to, this isn't my fault, it's men men men." We're not upset, it's "just another stupid woman" or words to that effect. Counter productive.

You've been assaulted more times than anyone I've heard of. What did you do about it? Thumbs in their eyes? Sctratch their faces? Knee in the crotch? Shout and squeal/ formal complaints which would get them sacked/arrested? Write to authorities? Tell the Police?

That survey you cite includes "Harassment" by one wolf whistle. Well sorry, unless you want to wear a burka you're likely to get the odd one of those, deal with it as what it is - part of life in a dimorphic society.
Girls never wear clothing designed to send off sexual messages, do they?

You've been assaulted more times than anyone I've heard of. What did you do about it? Thumbs in their eyes? Sctratch their faces? Knee in the crotch? Shout and squeal/ formal complaints which would get them sacked/arrested? Write to authorities? Tell the Police?
I mostly accepted the small stuff, esp when younger because that was just the way of the world at the time and I was naive. I left my job as a photographers assistant. I have threatened to knee someone in the *******s once. I have shouted blokes down in the pub when they've gone OTT in public so an audience got them to back off - nothing like a bunch of punters jeering to make folk go away. I have told my boss in the office when I worked which went down badly, as it made them uncomfortable, but I had already asked the bloke to not do it quietly to save his embarrassment - I wasn't the only woman in the office he did it to either. The factory stores I worked in I told my brother as he got me the job (I had just left college, I was 17, waiting to start a different course the next year and the bloke who pinned me against the wall was mid 30's). Do I have to swear an oath to you for you to believe me as you seem to be accusing me of something, like am making it up just because your friends haven't had the same experiences? Lucky them I say. I am just an ordinary woman, I was told I was very pretty when I was younger but have always been happy, approachable and confident and never weird around blokes as I grew up with 3 big brothers and their friends. Perhaps that made blokes think they could do what they liked? That I was game because I was fun? I didn't get cynical til I got older.

Friends of mine have experienced some of the same, being followed home at night, unwanted advances in pubs. Having to work twice as hard in male workplace environments to prove herself, to get promoted, like an ophthalmologist childhood friend of mine.
That's not the message at all. Who do you think Gareth is addressing? Only the bad boys? They won't watch it.
Who do you think he is addressing, what is the message you hear? How do you know bad boys won't watch it? Social media shares, they will watch it. Their friends may watch it. Things spread. You come over that you think this is an attack on all men, says more about you am afraid.
Girls never wear clothing designed to send off sexual messages, do they?
Victim blaming. Wicked. I have now zero respect for you for that comment. I also think you do men a disservice by your green light to harass because the women may be wearing something flirty, like they're all a bunch of cavemen unable to control themselves. How about become an adult and just go up to said woman and see if she'll give you her number for a date sometime? It's NOT an invite to grope or worse on the spot, goodness me.
That survey you cite includes "Harassment" by one wolf whistle. Well sorry, unless you want to wear a burka you're likely to get the odd one of those, deal with it as what it is - part of life in a dimorphic society.
A bloke justifying the unjustifyable There's a novelty. Sigh.
Move with the times will you? Why would anyone deliberately think it's ok to to do this knowing that one day a woman passing by may get upset/feel intimidated by it? That's ok in your world, again, says more about you. In the most part whistling never bothered me, but when I was younger it did. I think I was about 16 years old when a bunch of builders whistled and leered. I just felt embarrassed and uncomfortable and couldn't wait to get away. That's ok is it?

"Today, a wolf whistle directed at a person is sometimes considered a precursor to sexual harassment, or a form of sexual harassment in itself.[1][2][3]"

We had a lady plumber trainee working for us years ago

She was alright but had to jack it in due to a back problem

Think she applied for a job with a boiler manu that was desk based in there tech help line ???

One of the issues that did sort of cause problems was bathroom facilities if she came onto small building sites

But hey ho

She was gay had a wife / partner

Sponsored Links
Back