women drivers

I

imamartian

not your usual banal "women driver" thread, but i'm intrigued to know why women don't feature in F1.... i appreciate women can't compete at boxing, or sprinting, but driving? surely they should be up there?

Sponsored Links
because we would beat all the men and then they would sulk :)

Tell the truth...it's because you lot wouldn't get in and out of the pits without killing half of the pit crew.

Sponsored Links
also, why are there plenty of women bus drivers, but no women lorry drivers?

It's a male dominated sport, and only a select few of the best of the best make it to f1, so the statistics are against the ladies, also the physical stress endured, especially to the neck in an f1 car is maybe too much for a lady driver. We all see f1 drivers resting their head against the side of the cockpit, due to the g forces endured, and a ladies body isn't built the same way, so would drive slower, thus not be competitive.

It's a male dominated sport, and only a select few of the best of the best make it to f1, so the statistics are against the ladies, also the physical stress endured, especially to the neck in an f1 car is maybe too much for a lady driver. We all see f1 drivers resting their head against the side of the cockpit, due to the g forces endured, and a ladies body isn't built the same way, so would drive slower, thus not be competitive.

Tell that to the female raf typhoon pilots lol :D

Tell that to the female raf typhoon pilots lol :D

Well, I was unaware that there are any, but presumably, people that fly high powered jets have a g-suit, to protect their body from g-forces? f1 drivers don't. So your comment is false isn't it?

A "G" suit does not COMPRESS the neck for obvious reasons.
A G suit stops , no you look it up.

Then try making a correction to your assumptions.

If you actually read my comment. You would notice I never said "G" suits were used in F1.

I said they did not "compress" the neck.

I suggest you take reading lessons. Then a short course in human biology and the results of G-Forces in pilots and how the suit works in keeping the blood in the upper extremeties during manovers. Including the breating exercises to assist.

Not being in anyway associated in anyone being a fighter pilot................much :D

Sponsored Links
Back