Have I been Conned ?

Not the tidiest but I've seen worse. As others have said, your warranty is invalid without the Benchmark page being filled in, and you wouldn't qualify for any extended warranty anyway as there's no system filter. Looks like they've used the external rubber flue seal inside, so presumably the internal one is either outside or in the bin. Can you take a photo of the flue outside? Will be interesting to see whether that's been installed correctly...

Did they give you any kind of thermostat or is it just the timer on the front of the boiler?

Sponsored Links
I bet the reason he hasn't sent you the gas safe cert is because he isn't registered.

Had a Thermostat/Timer in the hallway. He did ask if I would prefer to use the Timer on the Boiler. But I requested he wire in the original from the Hallway. I’ll try and take a snap of the Flue. Not very active today. Can hardly walk the length of myself

You have no filter installed, I would advise to have one fitted, this means that you definitely won't have the extended warranty he offered at the start.

As muggles has said the benchmark hasn't been filled out so again no warranty.

Personally he could have made the install neater, I would have routed the condensate better, and I would also have expected the filling loop to be replaced, they are only rubber and the ptfe seals on the valves don't last forever, and for the sake of £10 worth of parts it wouldn't have taken him any longer to install.

Sponsored Links
I bet the reason he hasn't sent you the gas safe cert is because he isn't registered.
Had a look on the Gas Safety Register today both he and his company are registered. He has tried to send the Docs from his company email couple of times. Text me today to say he would send from his private email. Give it another day I suppose.

Wish I’d known a bit more about Plumbing and Boilers before I let him do the Job. Had an excellent fitter out couple of months ago. lost his number

Wish I’d known a bit more about Plumbing and Boilers before I let him do the Job. Had an excellent fitter out couple of months ago. lost his number

It's one of them things, don't dwell on it.

Get a filter fitted at least.

Have a word with the installer and insist he fills out the benchmark form for your future reference. At least then you have the ideal warranty.

Might be worthwhile checking if he is in the ideal approved installers list, if he is I would put a complaint into them.

I'm not familiar with that model but there looks to be a long rectangular trim piece missing from the front control panel.

Thanks
I’ll check out the ideal installer list. Have been communicating with him through what’s app at the moment. Mentioned to him the other day about speaking to the Gas Safety Register people about his work etc. Don’t think he liked that. I’m trying to keep him interested if I can get him back round the house, then I’ll hope to get some of the stuff sorted out.

Noticed that myself. I’m almost sure it was their when it came out of the box. Had some plastic and I think some writing on it.
Need to get my Sherlock Holmes hat on to solve this :D

Had a look on the ideal website. Neither him or his company is registered as one of their approved installers. Interesting they do a 10 year updated to 12 year on some of their boilers think they start at 26 kw and up. The plot thickens. I guess he saw the cheaper option of tge 24 kw and went for that

I'm not familiar with that model but there looks to be a long rectangular trim piece missing from the front control panel.
Funny that, that cover's exactly where it states the rating of the box. :LOL:

OP ... I'd be asking him where that cover is, if it's brand new boiler then it's unacceptable that it's now gone missing. If he's quoted for a 30Kw boiler and then bought smaller then he's increased his own profit margin at the expense of your hot water output.

Benchmark needs completed, no question .... Mag filter needed, no question and should have been part of the over install and quote regardless.

Looking at the pipework it looks like it was an Ideal that was there before as there's been a minimum of pipe rework there by the looks of it, unless he was using old pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back