Heating probs, not am idiot, just confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need some real basic info to start with, and then I'll get to the problem in a new thread.

At which side of a rad should the LS valve be. Some of my rads have it on the flow side, and some on the return side.

Does it matter which end of the rad the flow is restricted from. Must it allways be the LS valve, even if its on the wrong side of the rad.

Should the opposite valve be fully open.

Which side of a rad should the thermostatic valve be? flow or return?

I know these seem like really basic questions, but when reading about CH balancing, and being told that you always adjust the LS valve and that it is always on the flow side, it gets a bit confusing when your system does not conform.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on which way round the arrows on the TRV are pointing, some can be fitted any way round, indicated by a double headed arrow, others the single arrow has to be in the direction of the flow of the water

If you post the full story you might get the full answer! ;)

I just needed this basic info to clear up confusion when I rebalance my system. Please see my newer thread.

allan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back