Help changing light switches

Sponsored Links
Just to emphasize to any DIYer that that is not the right way to wire a two-way switch.
Fortunately most of the people giving good advice on here know that is not the correct way to wire a switch.

In my mind the OP was not clear on whether the described wiring was into one gang or both when I bothered to read the original post (several times),

In order to give advice we frequently have to ask questions to clarify the information provided, especially the questions and the stated facts.

. . accordingly I asked this question:
Which of these 2 options are you saying you found when you removed the old switch?View attachment 279060
deciphered from words copied and pasted it looks like this:
1662730945244.png

Just to emphasize to any DIYer that that is not the right way to wire a two-way switch.
Fortunately most of the people giving good advice on here know that is not the correct way to wire a switch.

In my mind the OP was not clear on whether the described wiring was into one gang or both when I bothered to read the original post (several times),

In order to give advice we frequently have to ask questions to clarify the information provided, especially the questions and the stated facts.

Which of these 2 options are you saying you found when you removed the old switch?View attachment 279060
View attachment 279087

Sponsored Links

View attachment 279087

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back