Help Hive Active Heating + Glow Worm Ultracom cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Trying to wire Hive single channel receiver with my Glow Worm Ultracom cxi 30 boiler, not having much luck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see pics

Attachments

• 09424DC6-9D29-47B7-9A58-57947C95F90D.jpeg
    09424DC6-9D29-47B7-9A58-57947C95F90D.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 274
  • C6A77B31-6974-4F7C-AF9F-828EEA334116.jpeg
    C6A77B31-6974-4F7C-AF9F-828EEA334116.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 279
Sponsored Links
N to N
L to L
Grey wire to 3 in Hive
Link from L to 1 in hive,
You might need to make a small junction box of some description as Hive terminals are really tight and you might struggle to get all the wires in

N to N
L to L
Grey wire to 3 in Hive
Link from L to 1 in hive,
You might need to make a small junction box of some description as Hive terminals are really tight and you might struggle to get all the wires in
I’ve tried the link from L to 1 and it doesn’t work.

Sponsored Links
is the hive lighting up when you make a demand ? have you disabled the boiler internal programmer ?

is the hive lighting up when you make a demand ? have you disabled the boiler internal programmer ?
Yes Hive is lighting up on demand and I’ve tried it with the programmer disabled

The cable at the boiler end, was that big gash always there, or is that a new cable ? you will need a voltage tester or Multi-meter to go any further, what settings did you set the on board programmer to, when you disabled it ?

The cable at the boiler end, was that big gash always there, or is that a new cable ? you will need a voltage tester or Multi-meter to go any further, what settings did you set the on board programmer to, when you disabled it ?
The gash is fine, I’ve checked. The settings are as follows- Mode 96 then d92 and then 0 this setting disables the programmer and heating comes on constant

No that is an Ultracom 2 on OT yours isnt, remove the grey wire in the boiler and insert a link between L and where you removed the grey wire from , does the boiler now fire

No that is an Ultracom 2 on OT yours isnt, remove the grey wire in the boiler and insert a link between L and where you removed the grey wire from , does the boiler now fire
I will try that tomorrow, thanks for your help.

No probs if you make that link and the boiler fires the problem is at the hive end, if it doesnt fire the problem is at the boiler end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back