Help Needed - Nest Thermostat replacing a Danfoss TP9000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been spending a lot of time at home (due to the coronavirus epidemic), and I decided to take the plunge, learn something new and replaced my Danfoss TP9000 with a nest thermostat 3rd generation.

After reading a lot of forum and posts online I was pretty confident that it would be easy swap and all would be sorted after 1 hour. How wrong I was...

The Danfoss box the cables were too short and that made it difficult just to connect them all correctly, after a couple of hours all the cables connected correctly and all kicked started as planned. But I quickly realised I had a problem, the boiler was constantly heating the hot water, and unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution online, so I'm hoping that someone had the same issue as me.

My configuration is as follows:

Danfoss TP9000 w/ Thermostat

Boiler Ideal Logic heat H12

I have put the danfoss back in place as the missus was complaining, but I really don't want to be defeated and pay £85 quid for a professional installer.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Attachments

• Danfoss Tp9000.jpg
    Danfoss Tp9000.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 445
Sponsored Links
We need to know how you connected the nest to see where you have gone wrong, can you post a pic or diagram ?

I have dismantled it and replaced it with my the old thermostat, however, I have followed the below diagram and ended up with the same Heat Link as per picture.

I also have a system boiler, with a water tank if it makes a difference.

Thanks

S plan 1.png
splan 2.jpg
splan 3.jpg

The black wire in the original pic is hot water on but on the nest you have a black connected to heating on, do you have the heating on and hot water on reversed ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I have noticed you have a grey wire for hot water call, which appears to be connected to neutral on the Danfoss? Also the wiring going to t1 and t2 look a different colour than original, although could be lighting?

Just messed around with it again. And I found out the constant hot water issue. It was the salmonella prevention system that always heats up the boiler to kill the bateria. Because I was always turning the thermostat off it restarted again the procedure.

Problem solved.

Cheers for your help and input, I'm much appreciated.

Stay safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back