Help required with Ceiling Lights please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble getting some celing lights to work. The house is new and I've done 10+ so far without any issue. The living room ones are proving tricky!

There are two lights in the living room. I took the old rose off the first and it has 2*Earth (G/Y), 2*Neutral (Blue), 2*Live/Loop (Brown). The second has 1 of each.

I used a new connector block to connect GY-GY, Blue-Blue and Brown-Brown and the same for the second set of lights. There are three arms on the lights (Brass next Franscesca in case anyone has experience of the same lights)

After connecting both set of lights, 1 bulb on the first set of lights comes on and two on the second. I have checked the bulbs and reconnected all wiring to ensure it is tight.

Can't think of anything else and now a little stumped. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks...David

Sponsored Links
Sounds like faulty fittings or lamps to me, I take it the ones which are coming on are coming on full brightness? Can you post a pic of the wires in the top of the fitting?

Thanks Spark, yes the lights that were on came on full brightness.

I'll get a picture later, is it possible to paste it into the message?

Sponsored Links
When you post a reply there is an option to upload an image to your album, (you will need to create an album first!) if you can post the link to your image that will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back