Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We're in an absolute mess. Recently we've had a plumber come out to fix our heating and hot water. Both had stopped working.
The first time he came, he changed a pump. This fixed the hot water - but the heating wasn't working. About a month later, he installed two new valves (Drayton & Honeywell), which fixed the heating...
...However, he completely removed our thermostat, and now we have no control of the temperature.
He also unwired the thermostat's receiver. My other half has paid £370 for these visits, and we're very reluctant to call him back.

Since then, I have bought a hive 2 system, which I would like to install. However, I hadn't realised he had removed the old receiver and am unsure how to wire the new one in!

It's a dual channel receiver, and I have tried my best to draw the existing junction box wiring.
Please can you advise where to connect the:

N - Permanent Neutral
L - Permanent Live
1 - Hot Water Off (NC)
2 - Heating Off (NC)
3 - Hot Water On (NO)
4 - Heating On (NO)

I have assumed the Live is far right (10), and neutral the next in (9) and had originally thought Hot Water on was 3 and Heating on was 4... but this didn't seem to work! Do the NCs need wiring?

Please save us!!! Thanks

Attachments

• Boiler Hive Wiring.jpg
    Boiler Hive Wiring.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 1,601
  • IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 1,236
Sponsored Links
Heating from hive 4 (no) to 7 in your junction box and hot water to 5 in junction box to 3 (no) in the hive, live to live and neutral to neutral.

Thank you so much, I will give this a whirl tomorrow. Can I ask how you worked this out?

Sponsored Links
The hive is just a fancy switch, so when heating is called the hive puts 240 on the brown of the heating 2 port valve which brings the boiler and pump on;) call for hot water the hive puts 240 through the cylinder stat on to the brown of the hot water valve which brings the boiler and pump on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back